This topic has 33 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     Anchora
    Participant

Hi there.

When having a request for a private group, there are no accept/decline-buttons!
    (by switching to bp-default they’re present)

Any solution?
    Thanks.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, I went to a private group, being logged in as Administrator, then to Admin -> Requests.
    Buttons are there

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Anchora
    Participant

strangewise, the php in “div class=”action”” is present,
    but in the sourcecode this div is empty!
    – so its no styling-issue..

really weird^^

Anchora
    Participant

Thought it could conflict with Totalcache, but thats not so.

Any solution?

in /groups/single/admin.php the code is present, but it doesnt appear in the final sourcecode of the page.

Anchora
    Participant

what I’ve found out now:

this problem only appears with firefox.
    in chrome it works.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

I see the buttons in both browsers. Give me a link and user to your site

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Anchora
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

hehe, you did some customizing 🙂 nice
    I think you need to be an administrator of that group to manage requests. login as Franzi-Niedermeier/

Anchora
    Participant

thanx for the flowers 😀

but even so… the franzi-group is a testgroup. and when logging in as franzi, the accept/decline is still NOT there! (in firefoxes)

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Give me temp. access to the franzi username to check. Change the password after. set the reply as private

Anchora
    Participant
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

Sorry.. I can’t login with franzi and the pass you provided

Anchora
    Participant
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

Sorry 🙂

Anchora
    Participant

yes, ye would have needed the entire name or the mailaddy, i forgot…

BUT!

I’ve figured out sth:

that issue only exists in FF 11.0
    with FF 12.0 (+ up, i hope)

EVERYTHING IS FINE!

thankyou, Robert! 🙂

Anchora
    Participant

hm that was a surprising thing.
    now, when reloading – again no buttons.

ALL caches deactivated + cleared.
    No serverside-cache.
    Browsercache empty.

+ some more:
    sporadically, when clicking “requests” as admin, it redirects to login..
    and only when clicking the requests. other tabs of group-admin work.

weird.

Anchora
    Participant
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    That is strange. It seems that they are not generated and it is not a displaying issue. It could be a plugin of yours that affects it. can’t really tell

Anchora
    Participant

hm.. with bp-default-theme it works just fine.
    mostly, in chrome it does work.
    but mostly, in firefox it does not work, but it does sometimes.

really strange.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

We will check and see if we find something

Anchora
    Participant
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

Well I am really glad. It was bugging me 🙂

Anchora
    Participant

Sry to dig this out again, but the above bp.org-link did not fit, because it gives no 404,
    it only misses the buttons.

By testing today, these buttons are still gone, in chrome and ff.

Still they appear with any of the defaultthemes.

Anchora
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

We have tested this and they always appear. Can you check in a clean install and without any extra plugins? Also I can’t access that page even if I login it redirects me to the login page

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Anchora
    Participant

sure you had the right data? 😮
    in which browser did you test?

Anchora
    Participant

oh i see, checked it on another station.
    REALLY weird.
    when clicking on requests, the loginpage appears here also.

i had that acc on one browser loggedin. maybe wp prevents from multiple logins?

mystery remains, because when logging in from this other station with chrome, the buttons appear again. how could it theoretically be, that this function disappears in some circumstances??

Abe
    Keymaster

Can’t tell. I might be related to some changes you did, plugins installed, etc.
    Can you check in a clean install and without any extra plugins?

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Anchora
    Participant

Did this. What I can say so far:

When activating the 2.4-parent it seems to work, in every case.

BUT

when activating the child then – even if its totally empty (empty functions.php)
    – they don’t appear!

how about this one? 😀

Abe
    Keymaster

if you have your child theme empty with no template files that is strange yes 🙂 could be something related to buddypress but it doesn’t make much sense

---

Anchora
    Participant

weirdness continues. still is so, that sometimes they appear.
    leaving the tab open + reloading again — then they disappear: 🙁

would it be possible to replace the membership-requests-code with the bp-default one?

(and would you have a look into the child-functions, because it might be, that it affects it anyway?)

Abe
    Keymaster

I don;t know what membership-requests-code is
    Sweetdate child theme comes almost empty so there is nothing to be changed in it

---

Anchora
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

You can take any original buddypress file from plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default

---

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Private-Group request – No buttons!’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?