This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     jdtoppin
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m having a few layout and functional problems with the Private Messaging functions. Not sure if anyone else is having these issues or not.

First, when I open a conversation thread in Private Messages, the display is as follows, which doesn’t make a lot of sense:

Next, if I try to delete using the delete button in this picture:

I’m taken to a page like this:

Upon clicking the link on that page “Please try again”, I’m taken back to the previous page with a list of my messages.

sharmstr

You have some sort of conflict going on. That shouldn’t and doesn’t happen.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

jdtoppin
    Participant

Well, it IS happening if you look at the pictures above.

Telling me it doesn’t happen doesn’t really help very much. Thanks for being captain obvious though.

On a side note, I’ve de-activated plugins and deleted plugins that aren’t included in the default install, yet I’m still receiving the error.

Further, when adding a friend from their profile page, I get the same error as in picture 3 that asks “Are you sure you want to do this?”, while adding a friend off the members page works fine.

sharmstr

There’s no need for that type of attitude. You asked “Not sure if anyone else is having these issues or not.” I was merely answering that.

Its obvious that its happening on your site. I wasn’t debating that. You made no mention of disabling plugins so I was offering a plugin conflict as a possibility. I guess it would be silly of me to ask if you have the same issue with the 2014 theme so you can confirm its a Kleo issue.

For the record I dont work for SevethQueen so don’t let your hate towards me affect the way you deal with them.

I’ve helped a lot of people on this forum, but its probably best if I stay away from this one. Good luck.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

jdtoppin
    Participant

My apologies. The internet isn’t a good place to read into anything and that was my fault.

It looks like it might have been an issue with WPSC. I re-installed the entire site using W3TC instead and no issues so far with the same plugins enabled.

sharmstr

When I was responding I remembered having the ‘please try again’ issue once, but I couldnt remember what plugin caused it. Now that you mention W3TC, I remember that was the one.

I’m still sorting out W3TC. At present the + menu doesnt expand/open in the buddypress profile menu. I’m sure it just a matter of rearranging the order in which the scripts load… just havent had time to go back to it. There’s another thread going on caching that I plan on adding my W3TC tweaks to. If you get something working well, it would be cool if you could post your set up there.

Glad you sorted it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Private Message Bugs’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?