This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Andrei.

• Author
     dicers
    Participant

Hello,

Is there any way to split the “Restrict users from sending private messages” into being able to view private messages and sending private messages?

I have an issue where I want to send users an announcement via private messages (I am the administrator of the site), and I want them to be able to view them, but not to send messages to other users.

If I enable the “Restrict users from sending private messages”, the “free user level” cannot send or receive private messages. If I remove the restriction, then the message can be viewed, but the user can also send private messages to other members.

Is there any way to make two separate restrictions, one for sending messages, and another for receiving? And is it possible to have unrestricted private messaging only with the Administrator? This second question is not so important.

Thanks!

dicers
    Participant

I forgot one thing to ask as well. My users are not getting an email notification when a private message is sent. I am using a test user to check on this, and my settings are set to ‘Yes’ to receive email notifications when a member sends a message. How can I check where the problem is?

Laura

Hello, can you share more information? We will contact you soon 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

dicers
    Participant

Hi Laura,

To put it more simply the setting called “Restrict users from sending private messages” in Memberships also prevents reading private messages as well. I want my users to be able to *read* private messages, even if I enable the “Restrict users from sending private messages” setting.

Can this be done?

dicers
    Participant

PS: The setting is in the Sweetdate theme (Sweetdate -> Memberships)

Andrei

Hi @dicers , unfortunately for the moment there’s no such option, you can only limit private massage entirely, per each membership level in part.
    I’ll put on our to do list your request and we’ll consider adding it in one of our future updates, but I can’t give any ETA for it.

Cheers.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     dicers
    Participant

Just to let you know, the purpose for this is for the administrator of the site to be able to send announcements to all the users.

Andrei

Then you could create a membership level just for your administrator account, which has access to private messaging, and after you put your admin user in that level, just deactivate it for new signups.
    But even in this case, the users will just see the notification, don’t think they will have access to read it.

Hope this will information will help you somehow.
    Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?