This topic has 30 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     formasirua
    Participant

Dear Kleo.
    My website http://www.formasirua.or.id very slow to access. even often failed connection (connection time out). I’ve consulted with my hosting provider. and he said there are scripts and plugins that are heavy to run. What happened? I just activate the plugin default of your template. What yes I have to disable the plugins?
    Please help to resolve this problem. What should I do and I fix it? Beg explanation.
    And when I entered as an administrator, often a connection is lost when I did make a new page or just update it.
    Thanks

Laura

Hello, what hosting are you using?
    Do you have a cache plugin?
    Please use W3 Total Cache plugin with this settings : http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/configuring-w3-total-cache-general-settings-i–cms-20920
    Do not enable Minify
    – Use a CDN ( Cloudflare, MAXCDN…)

– Use “Remove query strings from static resources” plugin

– Use an image optimizer plugin like Smush it

– Use a Lazy load plugin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

formasirua
    Participant

@laura my hosting idwebhost.com.
    Yes, I use W3 Total Cache Plugin.
    I have followed your suggestion above. But it seems that there has not been a change. My Web site is still very slow. Please help. I want a website that is responsive. Is JS / CSS KLEO it is very heavy to run?
    I’ve created an account on the CDN and follow the general settings. But instead becomes a mess. I’ve installed all the plugins that you suggest. But still no change. Please help.
    I would be willing to provide a username and password wp-admin I told you. Please help.

Laura

Hello, please check out:

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/ekEsjm/idwebhost.com

Your host loading speed its around 16s

Check out other host loading speed like hostgator

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/dlV9oN/hostgator.com

Not even 2s

So its definitely a problem of your hosting, please let them know that

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

formasirua
    Participant

Dear @laura
    I have told all my hosting provider. But they say there is a script or plugin in the template that takes a lot of server performance. So the “CPU Usage” “Virtual Memory Usage” “Entry proccess” and “I / O Usage” full works. That is what causes the slow access my web.
    And when I open the Web Admin, frequent “Connection Lost” as a result of this. Web I was suspended by my hosting provider because a very burdensome work indicated host server.

This greatly interfere with my work. Please help me overcome this. What template I have a problem?
    What should I do?
    Thanks

Laura

Hello, its not something related to the theme or plugins, i did check it out, its your hosting, as you see their own website takes 16s to load, they do not provide a good service if their own website works wrong.
    I suggest migrating to another hosting. There isnt much we can do, its for sure a hosting problem.

formasirua
    Participant

Dear @Laura
    Now I have VPS on HostGator as you recommended.
    But My website still very slow.
    I have W3 Total Cache, but when I install it, my website instead become cluttered appearance. And I immediately disable W3 Total Cache for my website so embarrassing.
    Now I need your help to explain it all.
    Results from Pingdom my website takes 38 seconds to load a page of 1.9MB. and of course the result is “Your website is slower than 96% of all tested websites”
    What happened exactly? I want to immediately mengelesaikan all of this. My members, disappointed by the slowness of my website.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     formasirua
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, the issue may be a bad configuration of w3 total cache and a lot more, it needs time to investigate the issue… If you are now in hostgator i can help you with the optimization, maybe you need to fix a few things after migrating the website.

You could hire me for the fix at http://laura-solanes.com/estimation-form/ 🙂

Admin123
    Participant

Hi Guys,

My website was going upto 10s to load, the best plugin for me is WP Super Cache and make sure you tick all recommended box. This saved my life now my website is 2sec. Hope this helps 🙂

Sam

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     formasirua
    Participant

@Laura I think HostGator has helped me to migrate my domain and hosting as a whole and managed. This problem only very slow access my website. Earlier you told me that my hosting provider is less good. Do the same now?
    Come on, please help much simpler and your responsibility. Is every problem I have to pay a service? The theme is actually quite simply installed as usual and run properly?
    Give me a solution, not an offer of services that I have to pay.
    I just wanted to get a website like what you are offering and running as it should.
    Did not your great theme is not it? Make it really what it told me.
    ================

@Admin123
    whats do you mean about tick all recommended box??? I followed the instructions in accordance video tutorial “w3 total cache”, but it can not, and display my website into a mess. please clarify your instructions.
    Thanks.

Laura

Hello, Admin123 is not part of the support team, she doesnt need to clarify nothing if she doesnt wants to.

About the service, your website does go faster as before. The issue now should be a bad configuration.
    Please share admin credentials so i can check it out.

What i offered you was a website optimization service, it has nothing to be with the support service.
    Also, please know that we are not forced to provide support, we provide it for free because we know is how things should be done. But not because we are force to.

So, back to your issue, please share admin credentials so i can check it out or you 🙂

Mike
    Participant

I’ve been having issues with this theme’s speed since I installed it. I’ve tried everything, including W3 Total Cache, CDN, upgraded to VPS, etc. etc.

It’s sped up a little, but still experiencing extremely slow loading on simple functions like Add Friends, Load More on activity stream, posting comments, etc. etc.

This theme chugs and when I switch over to the 2013 the difference is drastic. I’m at the point where I’m about to give up on this theme due to its poor speed / slow loading, etc. This seems to be pervasive too, as you can see when you search this forum.

As amazing as the helpful support community has been here, the core of this theme seems broken.

Laura

Hello, it may be because of different issues, like, high plugins that slows down the site, bad hosting ( which its not your case ), bad cache configuration…

As i see this is a big issue, i’ll create a guide, maybe video one, so you can follow it to speed your website.

For now, until its done, please try deactivating some plugins, testing speed again, activate page cache and have a cdn like cloudflare.

Will give more details of those options in the video.

Thanks for your patience 🙂 We like to work hard so the theme is perfect for everyone, its a hard work, but we keep on working for you.

Mike
    Participant

Laura, I’ve scoured this forum for ways to resolve the issue. It’s not the number of plugins but Buddypress through KLEO specifically.

Using Cloudflare + VPS has increased page load times dramatically (I think I’m up to 80s on PageSpeed, where previously I was 50s-60s), but simple Buddypress functions like Add Friend button are super slow, taking 3-6 seconds for the button the “change” into request sent. Posting a comment on the activity stream takes a few seconds to load, clicking “load more”, etc. etc.

It’s a shame because you guys have been really supportive and awesome in terms of helping out with advice and solving other issues quickly. I’d love to keep using this awesome theme.

Laura

Hello, its really strange, because, i use kleo for personal purposes, with those settings, and everything loads perfectly. That why im sure it might be related to a wrong setting.

Could you share admin credentials so i can take a deeper look? 🙂

Mike
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, the user, can i have admin permission? so i can access backend 🙂

Mike
    Participant

Laura, I posted mine in a private reply. Can you see it?

Admin123
    Participant

Hi

Sorry i am not Not a moderator here, but i am trying to post mistakes that others might find and need help.

What you suggested was you @formasirua are using w3 total cache – I am talking about Hyper Cache – some people have issues using w3 as it is not good for everyone because of the theme script etc.

Well try hyper cache and hopefully that helps 🙂

Admin123
    Participant

I meant Wp super cache 🙂 not hyper cache – as i was having the same issue and trying to use different settings and comparing the cache that we have.

Sam

Laura

Hello Mike, that user didnt had admin permission, please check out that has admin role, if yes, try to save again, let me know 🙂

Mike
    Participant

Laura, it’s set as admin. just resaved.

Laura

Hello, please check out http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/dHavbn/http://www.nerdlouisville.org/ your website speed is perfect!

Mike
    Participant

Laura, the page loading is pretty okay. The problem arises when I click “Add Friend” or something. Have you tested that? It takes several seconds for the button to transition from “Add Friend” to “Cancel Friendship Request”. So much that sometimes it seems the website is completely unresponsive and people click multiple times.

Mike
    Participant

Also, look at the grade for “Remove query strings from static resources”. It’s a terrible 14.

Can you elaborate on this:

“– Use ‘Remove query strings from static resources’ plugin”

Maybe I need to do that? What plugin / settings are you using?

Mike
    Participant

Also: just today I deleted W3 Total Cache. It was causing blank page errors and slowing down the site dramatically. Site seems better with it deleted, but Add Friend button / action still slow as hell.

Mike
    Participant

Laura, do you recommend using this plugin with KLEO?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/remove-query-strings-from-static-resources/

Laura

Hello, yes that was the plugin. About the w3 total cache, with the right settings, it will work very good with kleo

Mike
    Participant

Laura what do you recommend as settings for total cache and Cloudflare?

Laura

Hello, please try with http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-install-and-setup-w3-total-cache-for-beginners/

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?