This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Catalin.

• Author
     Martin A
    Participant

I would like to :

– hide the search bar from the forum pages
    – choose a different sidebar for the bbpress pages

Is it possible ? How ?

Thanks 🙂

Link : http://pimpmypixels.fr/forums/

Catalin

Hello Martin,

1. To hide the search bar you need to go in the WordPress admin panel to (Theme Options -> Styling options) and add this code:

COPY CODE
    .bbp-search-form
    {
          display:none;
    }

and then click “Save changes”

2. When you create a new forum you can select the sidebar from the dropdowm list.

See attachament for more details.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Catalin

Hello Martin,

Have you tried the solution i gave you. Does it work?

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Ferghus
    Participant

For me, this is only working for the actual forum pages. If I do the same for the root forum page, I only see the default sidebar. I can’t seem to change the sidebar for the root forum page. How do I make this happen?

Ferghus
    Participant

I ended up using the bbPress Tweaks plugin for this. However, I’d much prefer not having to use another plug in just to change the forums’ sidebar. Either a bit of code I can add to functions.php or a setting in the theme would be a great help.

Catalin

Hi @Ferghus
    That plugin should do the trick but we will consider this for a next update.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?