This topic has 19 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     wttribe
    Participant

Hello I am trying do use some awesome icons.

I have found them here: http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/

I have the code:
    <i class=”icon-home”></i>

and this works. But when I have a 2 words icon, it doesn’t work:
    <i class=”icon-building-o”></i>
    <i class=”icon-thumbs-up”></i>
    <i class=”icon-clock-o”></i>
    nothing is shown…

How do I fix this? thanks

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, it doesn’t work because you try to use the newest version 4.0 of Font Awesome and this was completely rewritten from the previous version 3.2.1 that SweetDate was built.

Regards,
    Robert

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     kriscone
    Participant

I would like to add these icons to the nav menu. I have tried the codes for both 4.0 and 3.2 and neither one will show the icon in the CSS class. I have also tried to install the plugin for awesome font and that did not work. http://wordpress.org/plugins/font-awesome-4-menus

I was able to get it working on another website I have that uses an elegant themes theme. How can we do this with sweetdate?

Boblebad
    Participant

Is Sweet Date being updated to use version 4.0 of Font Awesome ?

Abe
    Keymaster

We don’t have an estimated time for that but we will do that

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi kriscone, This is where you will find all them icons used in the theme: http://fontawesome.io/3.2.1/cheatsheet/

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

kriscone
    Participant

I have seen those. The problem is I put the icon in the css class on the menu and the icpn does not change. I am putting icon-dashboard in the css classes (optional) field. Is there something else I need to do?

kriscone
    Participant

PS. I can add the icons as an html item in a widget box. they just do not show up as a Menu item using the css class…..

Boblebad
    Participant

The cheatsheet icons does not match what i get on the screen, when trying to insert icon-heart () into the title of the registration form, i get some kin af paper plaine like or a fly figure that i can’t find in the list of icons.

And when trying icon-windows (), i get the error like box that tells that the character is not there.

EDIT: It’s the same in Firefox and Chrome.

Abe
    Keymaster

when you are adding the icons through html, you add them like:

COPY CODE

<i class="icon icon-glass"></i>

when you add it trough CSS, you add it like:

COPY CODE

.item-to-style:before: { content:"\f000"; font-family: "FontAwesome"; }

---

Abe
    Keymaster

kriscone, how are you adding the icons in the menu?

---

kriscone
    Participant

I was just trying to add them to the WP menu – appearences/menu and then in the CSS class put in the icon name. That is how I did it on another site I have and it worked with the awesomefont plugin…. tried variations of : fa fa-wrench or tried wrench too…..

Boblebad
    Participant

Ok, thanks 🙂

So that leaves me with a problem i think, cause then they can’t be used when translating the theme through the localization plugin ?

Abe
    Keymaster

@kriscone please follow my example above to add icons by css. or add the html to the menu title in fron of the current item label just add:

COPY CODE

<i class="icon icon-glass"></i>

@Boblebad
    I don’t understand what you are saying, sorry

---

Boblebad
    Participant

I say i can’t use them when translation the theme to Danish with the codestyling localization plugin, i won’t accept the icon codes.

Abe
    Keymaster

… if you add it to the title add it like: .. You have my examples above

---

Boblebad
    Participant

I don’t know why this doesn’t work, i get nothing, not even the annoying little box, just nothing.

Just to be clear, are you doing this in Codestyling Localization ?

Abe
    Keymaster

What exactly are you translating Boblebad? which string and with what translation string. be more specific please

---

Boblebad
    Participant

I really can’t see why the string is relevant here, isn’t just a question on whether the Codestyling Localization plugin can pass-on these codes, you gotta explain this ?

The one i tried it on was the title on the search/register form.

Abe
    Keymaster

Try to add them with single quotes like:

---

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?