This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years by mishakessler.

• Author
     gonzalezw
    Participant

Hi. I am new to sweetdate and I can not figure out how to make the user profile remeber what they are looking for. In other words, if in a male profile it says I am a MAN and lokking for a WOMAN, there is no reasing to display all profiles define but only display females profile.

In the Buddyprees tag I place the following code:
    Select Matching Fields (optional)
    When you search by first field it will look in the matching one. Example: I am a -> Man Looking for a Woman.

Yet it display all profiles.

The other problem I am havinf is on top of the user image it display the username and their email address. I will like to elimante the @……com.

Please help with these two problems and thanks a lot.

adamdale1
    Participant

Just adding to the question, I haven’t got a solution to either problems, but when looking at the code in bp_functions by my reading of the code for the search on the home page, its not looking at “I am a” (sex), but “looking for”, where in my case, I also have Couples, so if a user has selected looking for man, woman and couple or just man or woman, the search result automatically looks at the “looking for” field which contains all three or what ever and returns the result because one of the individual parts match on the SQL data base! And yes the @ before the user name is there too, but has not been a major issue to me, but a solution would save me the trouble of researching the code, later for a solution.

And in response to a previous question of mine on gender, the key word is sex and function $sex.

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support lever who can help and advise you in your query.
    It would be good to have you credentials to facilitate our work.
    Thanks! 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

gonzalezw
    Participant

Hi. I posted on June 19 a question regarding displaying the sex of the field “Looking for a” only when a user logons on. In other word if a member registers as a Man and in the Looking for a field he specify Woman, there is no reason to display all members (man and woman) on the page. When a user logs in the system should read the filed “Looking for a” and only display that. i has been a while and no answer yet. Honestly this should not be that difficult to get an answer, as that is a very import part of a dating site. Please send me an answer. My website is http://www.testconfiemos.confiemos.com. Thanks for your anticipated help.

Andrei

Hi,

Unfortunately remembering the searches or filtering the content shown in the site by the details completed in your own profile aren’t available but we plan to add such a feature in one of our future updates of the theme.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience and for the late reply.
    Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     mishakessler
    Participant

Andrei/Moderators,

Has this feature been added yet?

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?