This topic has 31 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     awake
    Participant

Hello!

I have a problem with VC, can not move the items with the mouse. I disabled all plugins and the problem is still present. Please Help !!!

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     awake
    Participant

Even with the latest update the problem is still present.

Wordpress: 4.1
    Visual composer: 4.3.4
    Theme: 2.3.1

sharmstr

You need visual composer 4.3.5. Its in the full download on theme forest.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

PDMuniversal
    Participant

I’m having the same issue. Your saying download the oleo package again? There no way to update the plugin from dashboard?

awake
    Participant

Oh yes it is true that it is separated lol…

it’s ok it works well, Thanks sharmstr!!!

awake
    Participant

@PDMuniversal

VC plugins, Revolution Slider and K-Elements are separated in the pack KLEO.(plugin folder)
    Downloads all the KLEO pack on Themeforest and overwrites the VC files by FTP.

Best Regards!

sharmstr

@pdm – Since its bundled with Kleo, there’s no “update” functionality. You can either FTP the files up to your server as @awake has suggested, or do it the way I do it. I disable VC, then delete it, then readd it using the newest zip file. Its faster than waiting for all the files to FTP up to the server.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Jayjay
    Participant

@sharmstr – I am looking to upload the latest VC files as you suggested but need a little more guidance. I have downloaded the full Kleo theme and found where the VC files are kept.
    My next step was to disable VC and delete it from my admin section and then add these new files. I have attached a photo of a screen grab because I am not sure which files to add. I dont see a ZIP file anywhere? Would I be correct in thinking we are talking about the js_composer.zip file???

Am I doing the right thing here or does themeforest have the latest version of VC somewhere to download.

Please can you assist me in getting this working, its very frustrating not being able to use the drag and drop facility.

Thank you Jason

Attachments:
     lappanion
    Participant

I am having the exact same issue :(.. Would be great to have things update with one click as other plugins do…

Jayjay
    Participant

@lappanion, I decided to go out of my comfort zone and deleted the VC files as mentioned above and uploaded the latest js_composer.zip file (as found in my theme download) and it all works fine now. I was a little worried because they werent called the same things. Thanks support, sorry had no patience this time 🙂

lappanion
    Participant

thanks man 🙂

it worked ok but would still be nice for the future to skip a step 😉

aaronjames
    Participant

I tried the above: deleting VC and uploading js.composer. However this did not work for me. The VC is not working.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I reinstalled the theme, however, I don’t want to do that again because I had to do a lot of repairs.

What can I do to repair the VC and hopefully stop this?

sharmstr

What version did you upload? Did you try disabling all other plugins?

aaronjames
    Participant

Yes, the newest version.

sharmstr

respond privately with credentials and a link. I’ll take a look.

aaronjames
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

Where is the server located? Its incredibly slow. Its take well over a minute to load any admin pages, if they load at all.

sharmstr

I was able to set the primary menu. No error message.

Oh, the error is on the front end.

aaronjames
    Participant

No, there is 4 error messages on chrome.

functions.php on line 289

However, when you un-check all menus so that no menu is set, the error goes away. When you set the menu to main menu it comes back.

Attachments:
     aaronjames
    Participant

the error has something to do with bread crumbs.. line 289

$breadcrumb_data = ”;
    error if( $show_breadcrumb )
    ———-> {
    $breadcrumb_data = kleo_breadcrumb(array(
    ‘show_browse’ => false,
    ‘separator’ => ‘ ‘,
    ‘show_home’ => __( ‘Home’, ‘kleo_framework’ ),
    ‘echo’ => false
    ));
    }

aaronjames
    Participant

playing around with all the settings I still cannot fix this issue. If no menu or one the side menu is checked off, then there is no error on line 289 on the theme-functions.php

This whole issue started yesterday with the VC to working which seems to a common issue with this theme. I could my hoping provider (GoDaddy, yes slow b/c its only the deluxe hosting) to troubleshoot and they disabled all the plugins. Upon re-enabling them all, then this problem starting occurring.

so this error is clearly with the them and therefor I connect seem to solve it. Asking for help on this matter.

sharmstr

Do you have debugging turned on and set to display? If so, they are just warning and should go away if you turn debugging display off. The menu actually works from what I was able to see.

The actual warning is not from breadcrumbs, its from the implode on the menu classes.

COPY CODE

$css_target = preg_match( '/\skleo-(.*)-nav/', implode( ' ', $item->classes), $matches );

Also, if it were me, I’d clean up all of the kleo installs and run kleo from a folder called kleo.

I went back in this morning, but its impossible to do any testing because your site keeps timing out… at least from my location.

aaronjames
    Participant

Ok, I have solved the issue. IT was a conflict with menus. I have a plugin that apparently has an option to add to menu. Therefor, they were conflicting.

Mark this has not the templates fault, but a 3rd party plugin. However, please update me on the VC fix if any will be coming in newer versions.
    Thanks.

sharmstr

VC Fix? There is no known issue with VC. My guess is that your site is too slow. I had similar issues with VC and a ton of other things when I was hosting with godaddy. Move your site. You’ll be happy you did.

fally81
    Participant

Can someone please help with with this issue. I have deleted the Visual Composer plugin as suggested above, then I uploaded the plugin from the recent files from Theme Forrest and it still doesnt work. Can you let me know what steps I need to take to get Visual Composer working again?

sharmstr

@fally81 What exactly is going on?

A known working configuration is as follows

WP 4.1
    VC 4.3.5
    Kleo 2.3.1
    K-Elements 2.3

If you have those version installed and you’re still having issues, disable all other plugins and see if the issue persists. I can’t stress this enough. Plugin compatibility, or lack of compatibility, is the number one cause of most issues.

fally81
    Participant

Yes, I have the correct plugin editions. I have removed plugins and its still not working. Is there a way to fix this issue. I built most of the site, and then it stopped working. I would like to finish building the website instead of starting over from scratch.

fally81
    Participant

When I click on the edit button of the website, the edit pop up screen doesnt show.

Also, how do I disable the preloader for the frontend of the editor. When I try and edit the page that way, it just hangs at the preloader screen.

fally81
    Participant

Can someone please contact me to help me fix this issue? Im working on a deadline, and I would like to finish building the site. I have disabled and reloaded the plugins and that didnt fix the problem. Can you let me know what steps to take?

sharmstr

Respond privately with a link an credentials so I can poke around.

fally81
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

I just disabled all plugins that aren’t supplied by Kleo and it works. Now you need to figure out which plugin causes the issue.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?