This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     maxdestefano
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to migrate the entire website to another domain.
    Normally, for other wordpress themes, it is OK to replace all the “old_website.url” occurences with “new_website.url”, save the permalinks after the migration (even if you don’t change any setting) and the new website works fine.
    In this case, however, I have some problems, probably because this theme (Sweetdate for wordpress) uses serialized data.

Is there any suggestion you can provide me to help me with this migration?

Thanks
    Max

Catalin

Hello,

Even the settings data are serialized the strings from the database can be replaced using search/replace in the database. You can do that from your phpmyadmin.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     maxdestefano
    Participant

Hi Catalin,

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately this didn’t work.

At present, for example, after the migration I don’t see my widgets in the admin area (appearence/widget) and the theme customization area is not working too (appearence/customize).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Max

maxdestefano
    Participant

Hi Catalin,

We just found out that the widget issue is caused by WPML. Proof of that is that de-activating WPML, I can see the widgets again.

Are you aware of any issue related to WPML? I thought the theme was compatible with the plugin, as stated in the presentation page:
    (http://themeforest.net/item/sweet-date-more-than-a-wordpress-dating-theme/4994573)

Thanks,
    Max

Abe
    Keymaster

It is probably a problem with your migration since I just activated WPML and everything works as expected.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

maxdestefano
    Participant

Hi Abe,

This is definitely a WPLM problem on our side.

What releases are you using at the moment? I am using latest releases for everything (theme and WPLM).
    Are you aware of any other compatibility problem with other plugin?

Thanks,
    Max

Abe
    Keymaster

I have WPML 3.1.6, on the other install this works? if that is the case then this should come from another source.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?