This topic has 49 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     mcperly
    Participant

Not sure why but I am using Social Articles plugin and when I go to the My Articles tab the profile header disappears. It only does this for this tab. One may think it’s a plugin issue then. However, this does NOT happen when the full width profile header is not selected. It displays fine this way. But when the full profile header is chosen, the header goes missing when in the My Articles tab. Do yo know why? Looks bad this way.

Thank You.

Laura

Hello, could you please share your website link and an user account so i can check it out? 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

mcperly
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Andrei

Hi,

About the issue with the social share element there was a know issue in Social Articles plugin which has been fixed in their last version (1.8).

But about the issue regarding the header I really don’t know what to say because I didn’t saw that before. I’ve tested this case in my local test install and everything works just fine. Also here is a link demonstrating that there isn’t any issue with it. http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/members/kleoadmin/articles/

May I ask you if you have any additional plugins or code snippets installed that might interfere in some way ?

Looking forward.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     mcperly
    Participant

I have tried everything and nothing works. I have tried.

Erasing all CSS
    Deleted bp-custom.php
    Deleted files in the child theme
    Deactivated Child theme altogether
    Deleted Social Articles and reinstalled from fresh file
    Deactivated the plugins to see if any of them conflicted with this issue (None of them conflicted)
    I’ve Reinstalled Kleo

I just don’t know what else to do. I can’t tell if this is a plugin issue or something in theme – even though you guys don’t find any issues. All I know is that this ONLY happens with the full width profile. If I disable full width – this does not happen and I can see the main profile section with avatar etc. But when I enable full width profile, for some reason, the Title section is forcefully enabled (Even though I have disabled it) and the profile section with Avatar etc disappears. So something is going on with the full width profile on my theme with Social Articles only.

I have attached 2 images from firebug when comparing how it scales out normally in other tabs with full width profile and then when the My Articles (Mine is called My News as I changed name) tab is selected. You will see that the Section class under main id goes to container-wrap under social articles and all others it goes to bp-full-width etc.

I’m hoping this will help somehow and you may know what this could be as I’ve tried everything and it’s driving me crazy because nothing I try has worked including deleting any changes I have made in child them and plugins etc.

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Andrei

Could you please provide credentials to your wp admin area and also to a ftp account so I can investigate a little bit closer and see from where does this problem comes ?

Cheers

mcperly
    Participant
     ianll
    Participant

I also do not have the link for social articles available. I’ve checked roles and capabilities and nothing seems to be pointing to the cause. I do not have the link unless the administrator account is used. Any help wpould be appreciated.

ianll
    Participant

OK so I figured this out and its kind of a problem, the user role needs to have the edit_posts capability. Once granted the ability to see and add social articles is there.

Andrei

This makes sense, the answer is given also by the author of the plugin, so please make sure your users have this capability enabled. https://wordpress.org/support/topic/not-working-with-users

You can manage your user roles with the following plugin:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor

Cheers

mcperly
    Participant

This is great and I’m so glad you were able to respond to the other comment and issue from someone else above. But this is NOT my problem. REPEAT HTIS IS NOT MY PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave you guys an account and my login info 10 days ago which I’m going to delete soon as I’m not going to keep open access to my account forever waiting for a response. It would at minimum be nice to know that your working on it or are going to look at it and have been busy or something – but nothing. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!

People can post articles – user roles are fine. BUT THE HEADER DISAPPEARS. The header with someones pictures, their cover background etc – that whole area just disappears. I’ve tried every single suggestion and nothing has changed. I’ve deleted CSS, plugins, nothing works – it still disappears when anything is done with social articles in the profile.

Can someone please help? I would be grateful for any assistance. Thank you very kindly. I know you are all busy. I just don’t want to be forgotten. Thank you.

Andrei

Please update the credentials and I’ll give another look right away, I’m sorry but for the late reply.
    Looking forward.

mcperly
    Participant
     Andrei

Unfortunately both wordpress and ftp credentials don’t work.
    Looking forward.

mcperly
    Participant
     Andrei

I would ask you to manually deactivate your plugins one by one in order to see if this issue might come form any of your plugins.
    Get back to me after you’ve done this and if the issue still persists I’ll try to investigate more.

Cheers

mcperly
    Participant

I did this back on March 10th and no plugins had a conflict at all. I Don’t know what happened or what you did but ALL of my custom CSS from the CSS editor in Jetpack is completely deleted. This will take me hours to fix now.

Andrei

I’ve surely didn’t touched that plugin, I’m sorry to hear that, that’s why I’ve asked you to do so.
    I’ve just changed a few theme options, but that’s all. You should better request a db backup restore from your hosting.

The thing is that you have a lot of custom code and customizations, the problem should probably come from them, because this is a very isolated case. I just tested again, and our theme works just fine with social articles.

As you can see here in our live demo, the articles page works just fine with the full profile header enabled:
    http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/members/kleoadmin/articles/

You, or whoever made all of those customizations in your site should go over the entire custom code and see what’s causing this issue.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.
    Cheers

labdesignbrasil
    Participant

Hello!

I need to able “write-publish” capability only to PMPro memberships, and just “read” to subscribers.

Right now its the opposite and I wanna make sure a roles admin plugin will do the trick, like the one mentioned above https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor.

Since Im not a coding person, pls let me know if Im going in the right direction.

thanks

solutionarian
    Participant

I had this same problem. Social Articles doesn’t display as an overflow icon. I had to reduce the number of profile functions/widgets and increase the profile page to full width, so that all the profile icons fit. Now it displays fine, I am just missing some added widgets, like Invite Anyone and BP Follow.

mcperly
    Participant

@solutionarian

My issue was different but you can easily use CSS to change that

#buddypress div#item-nav ul li a {
    font-size: a lower number like 12px;
    padding-left: you can also reduce padding here to something like 6px or so;
    padding-right: you can also reduce padding here to something like 6px or so;
    }

This allows more icons in a row as well – if this was your problem.

Andrei

@labdesignbrasil , yes, i think you’re doing the right thing if you use the plugin which syncs your membership level with a wordpress user role. http://www.paidmembershipspro.com/add-ons/plugins-on-github/pmpro-roles/

labdesignbrasil
    Participant

Thanks @Andrei I managed to make it with PMPro users roles, works just fine for posting articles….now…I have a new (huge!!) challenge:

Give frontend access to author_role users to edit their own page under “Portfolio”

Is there any plugin such as Social Articles that allows users to do this?

Please advise!

Many thanks

Andrei

I think you can use something like Gravity Forms.
    Cheers

labdesignbrasil
    Participant

@mcperly

My issue was different but you can easily use CSS to change that

font-size: a lower number like 12px;
    padding-left: you can also reduce padding here to something like 6px or so;
    padding-right: you can also reduce padding here to something like 6px or so;
    }

This allows more icons in a row as well – if this was your problem.

where exactly do I find this code to change it and make the menu fit?

Thanks a lot!

mcperly
    Participant

@labdesignbrasil

You simply need to copy and paste that exact same CSS code (and change it of course to your exact needs padding and font needs) and put it into the Theme Options > General Settings > Quick CSS section located near the bottom of that page.

Something like this and adjust the numbers to what you want – you can simply play with it till you get it how you want.

font-size: 12px;
    padding-left: 6px;
    padding-right: 6px;
    }

Hope this helps.

labdesignbrasil
    Participant

@mcperly

Perfect!! thank you so much!

Any idea if icons size could be reduze this way?

Cheers

mcperly
    Participant

@labdesignbrasil

The font size should do that for you – the smaller the px number the smaller the icons will be. It’s a matter of getting the right look you want based on the padding on each side of the icons and the size of the icons by the font-size.

Take care

labdesignbrasil
    Participant

@mcperly

thanks again! didnt changed it before cause thought that font size was good enough 🙂 but i worked just fine!

marceltj
    Participant

@mcperly It’s official, I see this bug all well not. The cover photo/header disappears for from the profile menu when I go to post/articles tab. Were you able to get anywhere?

marceltj
    Participant

It’s official, I see this bug all well NOW

mcperly
    Participant

@marceltj

No not yet. My site is almost ready for live and it’s one of the last items on my list. I have a developer who may create a function to “force” the full page width section. What’s so strange is that I can create a brand new install of this with the same plugins and CSS and it works vince. But once it’s broken like this it appears almost unfixable (without coding) or untraceable as to WHAT causes this. IT”S a TOTAL mystery to everyone including this theme developer. Nobody knows yet and all I hear is the same old same old stuff – not that I’m blaming this theme or anything. It’s just that nobody know WHAT is causing it other than to say it’s not their theme or plugin.

So this is where it stands now.

Andrei

Until we don’t manage to trace a way to reproduce this unfortunately we won’t know what we need to fix.
    If any of you can provide more details about the circumstances in which this issue appear we’ll be more than happy to solve it.

Obviously this seems to be some sort of conflict, either with a plugin or with some code modifications.

Looking forward.
    Cheers

wth5758
    Participant

Hello Andrei
    I also do not have the link for social articles available. I’ve checked roles and capabilities and nothing seems to be pointing to the cause. I do not have the link unless the administrator account is used. Any help wpould be appreciated.

please visit exxpad.com, its my site… there is no link for my article…

wth5758
    Participant

My english not good…. Sorry…

Andrei

You have the “My Articles” tab under the plus sign on the right of the tab menu.
    Here is a link to a profile from your site: http://exxpad.com/members/intansari/articles/

Cheers

wth5758
    Participant

ok Andrei,but there is no icon for member to start posting the article….

Andrei

The links to create a new article should appear only in the profile of the logged in user.
    Can you please share credentials of a test user ?

wth5758
    Participant

username : intansari
    password :thsewmamdunp5758

try with it

Andrei

I see, it definitely has to be related to the user role access.
    Please read the recommendations of the Social Articles plugin about how to enable them.

Cheers

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?