This topic has 49 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     wth5758
    Participant

Sorry Andrei, i dont know its means. Its about user rule? Admin,contributor etc?

Andrei

You will have to give access to create_post and edit_post capabilities to you subscribers.
    Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     marceltj
    Participant

Going back to the original issue….

@andrei
    @mcperly

Andrei, it seems that mcperlay already provided ample information as to the setup and environment in which this issue occurs.

Here’ mine.
    – No plugins except for Buddypress, Social Articles, and Cover plugin
    – removed all custom code (bp-custom, functions, css, etc.)

Issue is still present.

Now, if I install the other cover photo plugin, everything works fine.
    The issue only appears from the profile menu tab.

I actually ended up doing a fresh install in another instance and issue exists.

Andrei

Hi, can you please provide me admin credentials to the test/fresh install that you did ?

Looking forward.
    Thanks

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     mcperly
    Participant

FYI – I STILL have this problem on my website and nobody can figure it out. It’s so serious I will pay you guys to fix this thing. See attached Image. The top color is from the menu header. But the full width profile header is gone whenever the social articles icon is clicked, It still calls the wrong sections that I outlined in my message from March 10th. You can still see the images of the CSS and html etc in that message.

I have tried everything and was hoping a 3rd party developer could write some code to “force” the full width profile header when the social articles icon is clicked. But they weren’t able to do this apparently and it’s making my site look poor. If you know how to write a piece of code to force a full width profile when in social articles tab, let me know. I know it may not be a huge issue as it’s working for others. But not for me and I can’t go on without a solution. So if I have to pay you to spend the time to fix this I will. I have to do something!!!!

You guys have been in my website before and didn’t find anything so that’s not going to work again. I need some code or bug fixed somewhere and as you read my other messages, I have tried everything from deleting CSS to all plugins.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     mcperly
    Participant

FINALLY! FINALLY! FINALLY!

I FOUND THE PROBLEM AND FIXED IT!!!

I started over with an additional “fresh” install of my site to rebuild it – most I was able to simply copy over from my other install since the plugins, kleo settings, and CSS had nothing to do with the issue. I played around with the database as I felt there was something in the database causing this since deleting all CSS and all plugins had no effect on this issue.

The problem was in the wp_postmeta table. I noticed that in the “fresh” install of this theme I had no issues. The 4 times the metakey “_wp_page_template” was listed the meta value was set to “default”.

On the original install where the full width profile header would completely disappear when the articles tab for social articles was clicked, the meta value was listed twice as “default” but two other times it was set to “page-templates/full-width.php”. When I changed these both back to “default” through phpmyadmin, it worked perfectly as it should. I uploaded an image so if anyone else runs into this issue for whatever reason, they know how to fix this. It is easiest to simply use the “filter rows” option to search for these rows and type in _wp_page_template and they will simply appear without having to scroll through many many pages in this db table.

Then they all should be set to “default”. So that’s it – It was that simple. I have no idea how or when this occurred. It was very early or perhaps even upon the first install. But this is the fix and I am so happy it’s finally resolved. I sure learned a lot trying to figure this out so in the end, it was a blessing with how much I learned.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     marceltj
    Participant

@mcperly You are a genius! Thank you so much for sharing this fix!

Andrei

Well, it might solved your issue, but for sure this isn’t the right fix, because you can’t always keep your pages only with the “default” template.

Now that I know this information I’ll try to follow the steps to re-create this issue and find a proper fix.

Thank you very much @mcperly for the debug info.
    Looking forward.

Cheers

mcperly
    Participant

Hi Andrei,

Of course this is the right fix!

You want your profile page to be set to whatever default you have set whether you set your layout to Wide or Boxed.

You aren’t going to get a full width profile header edge to edge when choosing a boxed layout. So you want the profile page template to be set to the default so it makes sure it goes to the wide or boxed setting anyone sets it to. But you could get a boxed header with a full width template if you choose that, but not the other way around.

I don’t know of any other way this is suppose to work. It has to be this way. Every other time I have set this up to test it to re-enact my current site, the setting is set to default “automatically” in the system and the site works perfectly. So the system is setting this up correctly from the beginning with it always being set to default from the start. If that’s still wrong, even though it happens with every new test install and the problem never occurs, I don’t see how this isn’t the fix. I have no idea how the problem occurred so as to what caused the issue and how to have it never happen again, perhaps there could be a fix for that but this sure is a solution if it does ever happen again. Since I have set it to default, I have changed the settings from wide to boxed, and enabling and disabling the full width profile header and it does exactly what it should every time. So everything is working well with no worries if a change in profile template or header width is needed.

Thanks

Andrei

The “_wp_page_template” key refers to the page template, not to the boxed/full-width layout, page template can be set to either full width or one or two sidebars. I’ll further investigate this issue and let you know.
    Thank you for your effort and for all the information provided.

Cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?