This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Abe.

• Author
     LKr
    Participant

Hi!
    Thank you for the great support. Quick question:

When I look at my profile (as a user), in the “View” mode, certain fields (e.g. Name) and parts of other fields are clickable. If I click on any of those, I get redirected to the Members search page where it shows other members (presumably with similar characteristics).
    Is it possible to make all information in User profile UN -CLICKABLE so that it is just as simple text. ?
    I do have matching disabled.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Yes it can be done.
    Add this code to wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php to make Buddypress not generate the links:

COPY CODE

function remove_xprofile_links() {
        remove_filter( 'bp_get_the_profile_field_value', 'xprofile_filter_link_profile_data', 9, 2 );
    }
    add_action( 'bp_init', 'remove_xprofile_links' );

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     LKr
    Participant

Awesome – worked. Thanks!

Cenk
    Participant

Hi,

Can you help me to remove the profile links?

Example:

Name: Something (linked)

I’m using Buddypress Xprofile Custom Fields Type plugin

Thanks,

Cenk

adam
    Participant

I tried making this change as well and it’s not working for me. It doesn’t seem like any changes I make to wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php work. Do you know why this might be? Here is what my file looks like:

<?php

if ( !defined( ‘BP_AVATAR_THUMB_WIDTH’ ) )
    define( ‘BP_AVATAR_THUMB_WIDTH’, 120 ); //change this with your desired thumb width

if ( !defined( ‘BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT’ ) )
    define( ‘BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT’, 120 ); //change this with your desired thumb height

if ( !defined( ‘BP_AVATAR_FULL_WIDTH’ ) )
    define( ‘BP_AVATAR_FULL_WIDTH’, 580 ); //change this with your desired full size,weel I changed it to 260 :)

if ( !defined( ‘BP_AVATAR_FULL_HEIGHT’ ) )
    define( ‘BP_AVATAR_FULL_HEIGHT’, 580 ); //change this to default height for full avatar

remove_filter( ‘bp_get_the_profile_field_value’, ‘xprofile_filter_link_profile_data’, 9, 2 );
    }
    add_action( ‘bp_init’, ‘remove_xprofile_links’ );

?>

Thanks.

adam
    Participant

I realize now it’s a conflict with my plugin: Buddypress Xprofile Custom Fields Type. It works when I deactivate it. Any chance you know a work-around? If not, I’ll try contacting the plug-in author. Thanks!

adam
    Participant

The Buddypress Xprofile Custom Fields Type plugin author sent me a fix that works. I had to include this in my wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php file instead (in case anyone is using the same plugin and having this issue):

remove_filter( ‘bp_get_the_profile_field_value’, ‘xprofile_filter_link_profile_data’, 9, 2 );
    }
    add_action(‘bp_setup_globals’, ‘remove_xprofile_links’);

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing. Glad it works.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Cenk
    Participant

Hi,

I tried the code. The profile fields are still linked. It works when I deactivate the Buddypress Xprofile Custom Fields plugin.

I did this.

<?php

if ( !defined( ‘BP_AVATAR_THUMB_WIDTH’ ) )
    define( ‘BP_AVATAR_THUMB_WIDTH’, 120 ); //change this with your desired thumb width

if ( !defined( ‘BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT’ ) )
    define( ‘BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT’, 120 ); //change this with your desired thumb height

if ( !defined( ‘BP_AVATAR_FULL_WIDTH’ ) )
    define( ‘BP_AVATAR_FULL_WIDTH’, 580 ); //change this with your desired full size,weel I changed it to 260 :)

if ( !defined( ‘BP_AVATAR_FULL_HEIGHT’ ) )
    define( ‘BP_AVATAR_FULL_HEIGHT’, 580 ); //change this to default height for full avatar

define( ‘BP_DEFAULT_COMPONENT’, ‘profile’ );

define( ‘BP_GROUPS_DEFAULT_EXTENSION’, ‘members’ );

}
    add_action( ‘bp_init’, ‘remove_xprofile_links’ );

?>

Thanks again.

adam
    Participant

Hi Cenk – I had posted the solution to this above.

LuukDriessen
    Participant

Hello,

I’m still having problems with this option/solution.

I don’t make use of the Xprofile plugin.
    Instead, I use: Custom Profile Filters for BuddyPress

My bp-custom.php:

COPY CODE
    <?php /* remove profile field links */
    remove_filter( ‘bp_get_the_profile_field_value’, ‘xprofile_filter_link_profile_data’, 1, 469 );
    }
    add_action(‘bp_setup_globals’, ‘remove_xprofile_links’);?>

Does anyone has any idea what to change?

1. I would like to DISABLE to search/link for username. ID:1
    2. I would like to ENABLE the search/link for age. ID:2

Abe
    Keymaster

Very old topic.

Please try to do a search on BuddyPress forums since this is old and probably does not apply.

Cheers

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?