This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     oscar34
    Participant

Hi
    To have First Name and Last Name on the site first I installed “buddypress-xprofile-custom-fields-type.1.5.8.4” and “bp-xprofile-wp-user-sync” plugins. Some works now, except the profile page tabs and Signup module. Registration form all ok. there are first name and last name boxes there.
    1-But on profile page there are about me and Looking for tabs. And I see the same data in both tabs. Looking for has the same info as About me. Basically the name, age, height, weight etc all base info appears in looking for tab too except in quotes in Looking for css design.
    2-And signup module doesnt show first and last name boxes
    As you know on signup box there are these element boxes:
    .User name
    .Your full name
    .Your email
    .Desired password
    .Confirm password
    So I want to get rid off that “Your full name” and put “First name” and “Last name” boxes there. So what file do I need to modify? And how, with what coding?
    3-And on admin panel as admin I want to be able to edit user data, at the moment I can edit only the names, email, password. But I want to be able to edit the age, height, weight, country, city thinks like that I have in the main registration form already exist. But on admin panel I cant see them for users to edit. How can I put them in users edit page?

I get 2 different viewings on the same user’s same profile page.

OK => 1. http://mysite.com/members/username/profile/edit/group/1/#about-me
    NOT OK=> 2. http://mysite.com/members/username/

On the second URL I still see the same tabs but one difference: Both tabs show each others total data. I mean About Me tab show its data as well as Looking For tab’s data. And Looking For tab shows data itself and plus About Me tab’s data. (But age shows ok as 21)
    But on the first URL all looks ok (except the age shows as 44)
    But as you know that URL only for editing, but on member search result and on any other user link WP uses the second URL. So all mixed up. BTW I use the latest versions of those plugins above and latest versions of BP and WP and latest version of your theme.
    Please help
    Thanx

oscar34
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, This is the page template to edit for the register modal
    wp-content\themes\sweetdate\page-parts\general-register-modal.php

Please see this topic to change the tabs next to profile image:
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/how-to-add-more-tabs-next-to-the-profile-image

You can edit users data from front-end by going to their profile edit page. eq: members/testuser/profile/edit

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

oscar34
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

yes we got your email with the screenshots

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?