This topic has 18 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     ersalabert
    Participant

I found this article referencing where to find the PSD files for this theme: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/sweetdate/article/psd-files

However, I don’t have a PSD folder. I’m looking to adjust the #btnGoup image using CSS, but it’s not working. Could you let me know where I can download the PSD files for this theme?

Thanks.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

To access the PSD files you’ll need to go to ThemeForest and select ‘All file & documentation’ from the download drop down. Then you can unzip the file and you’ll find the PSD files inside.

You can’t change an image with CSS but you can alter the content around it – for example the semi transparent circle in which it resides. If this is the area you wish to change then please let me know exactly what you’d like and I will send you the CSS.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

ersalabert
    Participant

Hi Kleran,

Let’s say for example, I’d like to change the color of the button’s circle to #BE3E0E? Would this be possible using CSS without changing the PSD file?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

To some degree, yes. You can add the below CSS to your SweetDate Child theme’s style.css via WP Admin > Appearance > Editor > SweetDate Child > Style.css

COPY CODE
    #btnGoUp {
        background-color: #BE3E0E;
        border-radius: 100%;
        padding: 1px;
    }

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

ersalabert
    Participant

I’ve been adding CSS to the Customize > Additional CSS section instead. Would this cause any issues with the rendering of the CSS when the Theme loads? Would it be faster for the CSS to load if the CSS is added in the are you suggested?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I wouldn’t think either method to be any slower or faster than one another as they’re all eventually their own .css file and would be 1 file load regardless.

Using style.css would make more sense if you plan to make many changes as it’ll be easier to view and comment throughout. It can also be easily downloaded and then worked on with an editor like Visual Studio Code.

Thanks,

Kieran

ersalabert
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

With just CSS on the image element that is as good as it will get because there is no way to align the HTML/CSS with the actual image as there are minor differences between the two.

For this element to look pristine, in your desired colour, you should edit the attached PSD file.

I think you’re right in what you saying that this element should be made from purely HTML/CSS and I will pass this on to the developers for consideration.

Thanks,

Kieran

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     ersalabert
    Participant

Thanks Kleran.

ersalabert
    Participant

Question: I’ve modified the colors for the button’s .png file, and I’m going to rename it to it’s original name “up_page.png”. However, the path to the file is: /wp-content/themes/sweetdate/assets/images/up_page.png

Since using and modifying the Child Theme is the best method, how would you suggest to upload the image file, and how would the Theme know where to pull the modify image?

ersalabert
    Participant

Regarding the black-colored “arrows” for drop-down boxes in forms and on the profile-button menu on the header, what is the CSS to modify their colors? I’ve been unsuccessful in finding the correct CSS selector.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

When making changes in the Child theme you’ll find you likely don’t have the file structure in place already.

You’ll need to create any/all folders to your path so that it is mirrored perfectly. In this case you would need to create a folder in the SweetDate Child theme called assets, and within that a folder called images.

/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/assets/images/up_page.png

CSS for the profile drop down arrow is as below

COPY CODE
    .btn-profile .button.dropdown.split.tiny span:after {
        border-color: #ff0101 transparent transparent transparent;
    }

And CSS for the drop down on the front search form is as follows

COPY CODE
    .form-search.custom div.custom.dropdown a.selector:after {
        border-color: #ff0101 transparent transparent transparent;

}

If you’d like to target all drop downs in the same way use the below CSS instead

COPY CODE
    a.selector:after {
        border-color: #ff0101 transparent transparent transparent !important;

}

Thanks,

Kieran

ersalabert
    Participant

I created the assets/images folders under the sweetdate-child directory, uploaded the modified up_page.png file, but browser still pulling the original image from parent theme. I’ve cleared cache several times and used private window tabs and used other browser.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I will assign this topic to a higher level of support for review. They’ll be in touch with you as soon as they can, Monday to Friday, East European Time.

Thank you for your patience,

Kieran

Radu

Hi,

To can overwrite the css you will have to apply also this css

COPY CODE

#btnGoUp {
        background: transparent url('../images/up_page.png') no-repeat left top !important;
    }

Replace ../images/up_page.png with the new image url.

That’s it

Cheers
    R

ersalabert
    Participant

Hi,

I made the colors in the layers of btnGoUp.psd to be lighter, and darker for hover layer, with a transparent background using Photoshop and saving it Safe for Web browsers…. but the hover effect does not work on the site. I also cropped the image’s canvas tight for the radius to completely remove the background.

I’ve also had to add the image’s path in CSS as follows for the image to display on the screen:

COPY CODE

#btnGoUp {
        background: transparent url('wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/assets/images/up_page.png') no-repeat left top !important;
        border-radius: 100%;
        padding: 1px;
    }

It’s the only path that would allow the image to display. I don’t believe it’s good practice for the paths to WP directories be viewable, and I know there are plugins to ‘mask’ the true paths, which I’m going to use soon. But, I’m just curious why I had to declare such a long path instead of using ‘../images/up_page.png’ on the child theme.

Thanks in advance.

Radu

For the hover thing you will have to use :hover pseudo element.

COPY CODE

#btnGoUp:hover {
        background:transparent url('https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/Green-Up-Arrow.svg') no-repeat left top !important
    }

Replace with your image that will be displayed for hover

Cheers
    R

ersalabert
    Participant

Hi Rau,

The CSS didn’t work, but I’m ok with the way it is now. Perhaps you would consider creating the up-page button using HTML and CSS in the next theme update.

Also, I’m unable to create tickets on the new support site (https://my.seventhqueen.com/dashboard/) that I’m redirected to when I select Add Ticket from the My Account menu (https://archived.seventhqueen.com/add-ticket)

Radu

Hi,

Ok then,

We had moved to a new platform for support and new tickets will be opened only there.

Cheers
    R

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?