This topic has 14 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Radu.

• Author

Tagged: , ,

cd690767
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to set up my posts page and I can’t get it completely as I’d like:

1- The excerpt (from the excerpt box in post edit screen) is only displaying in the “standard” format- how can I display it in the “grid masonry” and “small left thumbnail” format?

2- I’d like to move the display of the category to above the title-particularly for “grid masonry” and “small left thumbnail”- can this be done?

Thanks for the help,

Cathy

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Radu

Hi,

I don’t understand exactly what you want to achieve, can you please provide screenshots that point places where you need the excerpt? and also for the second point show me a screenshot

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     cd690767
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi,

Add the attached files to : /Applications/XAMPP/htdocs/kleo/wp-content/themes/kleo-child/page-parts

Let me know

Cheers
    R

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

NOTE : Child theme needs to be installed and activated.

cd690767
    Participant
     cd690767
    Participant
     Radu

Hi,

Just open the files from /wp-content/themes/kleo-child/page-parts and look for this line

COPY CODE

<small class="meta-category"><?php echo get_the_category_list(',');?></small>

and add a space there after the ,

Example

COPY CODE

<small class="meta-category"><?php echo get_the_category_list(', ');?></small>

Then you should de-activate the category info from wp-admin -> theme options -> blog (see screenshot)

Let me know

Cheers
    R.

cd690767
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Thanks so much for the help- categories look great now! About the excerpt- can it be displayed or is that not possible with the masonry and left thumbnail formats?

Thanks
    Cathy

Radu

Hi,

They should be displayed by default, can you please provide admin credentials in a private reply to check ?

Cheers
    R.

cd690767
    Participant
     Radu

Hi,

In quick CSS of the theme, it’s this CSS rule that prevents excerpts to be shown.

COPY CODE

.post-item .post-info {
        display: none;
    }

So you can delete it can have the excerpt in the category.

Cheers
    R.

cd690767
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Thanks so much for figuring this out! Sorry to bother you since this was some of my CSS causing the problem.

Cathy

Radu

Hi,

Have a nice day !!

You’re welcome

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?