This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     pssawhney
    Participant

Some of our users on Orr site have pointed out how they are receiving other people messages via private a messages.

Is there something that is not setup correctly or is this a buddypress issue?

Laura

Hello, each user should be able to send a private message to other users, its the default behavior
    Can you explain a bit more the issue?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

pssawhney
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Kieran
    Participant

I’ve subbed to this topic as the bug you’re describing is worrying and I wanted to see if it was a specific issue to you, a buddypress issue or a plugin / theme issue (the latter being the least likely) .

I’m not sure if you can but you should probably edit your reply above as you’ve breached data protection for your users and could get sued. Thesee forums do appear in Google search and anyone searching for the persons email or phone number will now know your users intimate and private activities. I’ve got no qualms about your business what so ever, I’m just concerned for you and your users privacy.

Kind Regards,

Kieran.

pssawhney
    Participant

Hopefully Laura can make this private as I cannot edit the above reply.

Laura

Hello, as your message says, its a contact form what they are filling, not the private message of a profile
    If you go to a profile and send a message, it goes to the inbox of that user.
    But if they fill your contact form thinking they are sending a private message to someone, of course its sent to you as is your contact form 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

pssawhney
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Radu

Hi,

If you continue to receive other users message,it seems that something is wrong, in our default theme only with theme plugins this is not happens,

Do you have added/made some modifications in child theme ?

Also disable all plugins except buddypress and try again

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?