This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years by bluecafe.

• Author
     jfeasm
    Participant

Hi all,

Thanks for your awesome theme.

I’ve put your Kleo Recent Posts widget in the right column of several pages in my site as you can see in the image.

But widget is not showing the excerpts and only the first item in the list shows the date…

How can I solve it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Catalin

Hello,

Please send me admin credentials to your website and i will provide you a fix. Reply as private for security reasons.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     jfeasm
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Catalin

the widget is intended to show the title and the date, not the excerpt… regarding the date, if the posts are in the same date, it will be displayed the date to the first post from that day in the list.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     jfeasm
    Participant

Hi Catalin:

Thanks for your answer. I can’t see any option excepting “Excerpt lenght” to show/hide the excepts in the widgets. I you mean that the widget it’s not developed to show the excerpts… for what is the field?

According to the date field, ok, but I need to show every date, not only the first one. How can I do it?

Regards.

Catalin

@jfeasm
    We will take a look and make sure the date is showed on all posts for the next update and also add the excerpt

jfeasm
    Participant

Hi Catalin:

Thank you very much. I’ll wait for your analysis and comments.

Best regards.

Catalin

Hi, the excerpt wasn’t added in KLEO 2.1 but the date was configured to show on all entries

bluecafe
    Participant

Just wondered about the same why excerpts don’t show in the kleo recent post widget. What is the field for excerpts for if excerpts don’t show up? I think it would be a nice feature to have an excerpt in the recent post widget. I think this is even more important than the date.

sharmstr

Hmmm. Never noticed that. I’ll talk to the developers about it and see if there was a reason. In the meantime, I’ve added the code. Just replace /kleo/lib/widgets/recent_posts.php with the attached file. Make sure you change the extension from .txt to .php. Normally I wouldnt have you replace core files, but in this case, I’m hoping a permanent change will be added to kleo and I dont want you to worry about fixing anything and the update.

I decided to change the excerpt to character length instead of the default word length. Since the sidebars are so small it makes controlling the size of the excerpt easier. Not sure if this will how the devs will do it or not.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     bluecafe
    Participant

Cool, thank you for the quick fix … !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?