This topic has 13 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Anonymous.

• Author
     Anonymous
    Inactive

I was wondering if there is a code or shortcode to recreate the registration module on the home page. I would like to redesign my own home page, but would like to use the registration form on the front.

Thanks

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Right now there is no shortcode for that but you could install http://wordpress.org/plugins/shortcode-exec-php and create a shortcode that executes this:

COPY CODE

get_template_part('page-parts/home-register-form');

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Anonymous
    Inactive

Great! Thanks for the help!

I’m trying to design something like this:

Is there a way I can replace the image for a video next to the registration form?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great! Thank you for the advice. It worked perfectly! My only issue right now is the registration form will only allow me to have it aligned to the left. It also won’t allow me to add anything next to it…

How can I add items next to it? Like a video?

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    You need to modify page-parts/home-register-form.php and after the form ends you need to add another column with your video(after line 128):

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Anonymous
    Inactive

Great! I’ll give it a shot. Will the site continue to be responsive?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried it and it worked. The only issue I have run into is that embed is responsive but is old and works with flash. I attempted to replace the code with iframe. Only issue is that it was not responsive… Is there a way I can make iframe responsive?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Fixed it! Just had to replace the width to=100% instead of px. When you use px, you ruin the responsiveness of the site.

Thanks again for your support. I appreciate your help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have one more question. Is there a quick way to add the border around the video? I found the footer code for the border, but can’t seem to make it flush with the bottom of the video.

Any ideas on a code I could use to wrap the video in the same border?

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    You can wrap that embed in a div with the style=”boder:3px solid #777″
    something like this:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I gave it a shot, but it did not seem to work.
    Am I doing something wrong?

<div class=”seven columns” style=”boder:10px solid #777″>
    <iframe> xxx</iframe>
    <div class=”clearfix”></div>
    </div>

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,It is border instead or “boder”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah! Haha! Fixed it!

<div class=”seven columns”>
    <div style=”border:10px solid #777″>
    <iframe>XXX</iframe>
    <div class=”clearfix”></div>
    </div>

The only issue I’ve run into now is the border is not flush with the bottom of the video. It wraps around perfectly, except for the bottom. Should I try a padding code?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Fixed it again. Just ended up adding the border to the iframe instead of the div.

Thanks for your help! Resolved!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?