This topic has 23 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 10 years by metalmick.

• Author
     knuhkles
    Participant

I love this theme more and more.. Its getting better and better. Is their a way to redirect to a certain page after login? i dont want to use another plugin if their is a way already.

adam
    Participant

this will redirect users to their profile when they log-in and the administrator (you) to wp-admin:

COPY CODE

/* Filter the redirect url for login*/
    add_filter("login_redirect","kleo_redirect_to_profile",100,3);

function kleo_redirect_to_profile($redirect_to_calculated,$redirect_url_specified,$user){
    /*if no redirect was specified,let us think ,user wants to be in wp-dashboard*/
        if(!is_super_admin($user->ID))
            return bp_core_get_user_domain($user->ID );
        else
            return $redirect_to_calculated; /*if site admin*/
    }

it goes in the functions.php file of your child theme. is this what you’re looking for?

knuhkles
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

so instead of: return bp_core_get_user_domain($user->ID ); put return ‘/my_page_link’;

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     knuhkles
    Participant

ok so the final code should be this…

COPY CODE

function kleo_redirect_to_profile($redirect_to_calculated,$redirect_url_specified,$user){
           return '/my_page_link';
        else
    }

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Yes that is correct

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     hughm
    Participant

I am using the above code to try and redirect first time log-ins to the change-avatar page. I tried the following code but it did not work. Am I making a syntax mistake?

return ‘/USERNAME/profile/change-avatar/’;

I used some code in my functions.php file to change the path of member profiles to get rid of “members” and display at the root of the url.

hughm
    Participant

This is the code I use in my child theme functions.php to put profile names at the root. Perhaps this is conflicting with above code?

// put profiles in the root
    define ( ‘BP_ENABLE_ROOT_PROFILES’, true );

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, You should look at @adam’s code: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/redirect-after-login-2#reply-7053
    and change from the root of the profile to the change avatar page by changing:
    with
    return bp_core_get_user_domain($user->ID ).’/profile/change-avatar/’;

hughm
    Participant

I tried this code and played around with it but couldn’t make it work. I am trying to take first time log-ins to the change avatar page. This code takes new users to the login page on first login:

/*if the user is not site admin,redirect to his/her profile*/

Any ideas?

knuhkles
    Participant

Here guys… this is my snippet… it works

add_action( ‘template_redirect’, ‘my_redirect_home’ );

function my_redirect_home()
    {
    if( is_user_logged_in() && is_front_page() )
    {
    wp_redirect( site_url( ‘/logged-in’ ) );
    exit();
    }
    }

hughm
    Participant

Sorry to say I couldn’t get it to work. The below gets me to the new user profile but can’t seem to get the next step to the change-avatar page.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Like I said:
    You should look at @adam‘s code: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/redirect-after-login-2#reply-7053
    and change:
    with

what you have pasted is just some part of the code

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

hughm
    Participant

Hi thanks,
    Yeah, I did insert the piece of code into Adam’s and still couldn’t get it to work. Here is the entire code that I tried:

add_filter(“login_redirect”,”kleo_redirect_to_profile”,100,3);

else

This redirects back to the home page.

Abe
    Keymaster

That looks good. You should have your child theme activated.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

road2love
    Participant

Hey there, I’m having the same problem, activated the child theme and entered the code to child-theme functions.php like it shows in Adams post..but couldn’t get it to work. When my users login they’re not redirected to their profile page but back to the homepage and it looks like they have to login again. Then when clicking on any other page the profile button top right appears.

Do you mind me asking knuhkles where exactly put your snippet of code?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, That code works, just added it to sweetdate-child/functions.php. Is the same code as here: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/redirect-user-to-their-profile-after-login

---

hughm
    Participant

I noticed that @road2love was having trouble getting this to work. I never was able to make this code redirect to the change-avatar page. The code above failed and redirects to the home page. I ended up settling on just redirecting to the profile page, but if someone figures out how to get it to work please let me know.

ACTasarim
    Participant

@ adam ‘s code didn’t work for me either…

Abe
    Keymaster

The code base is in this topic:
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/redirect-user-to-their-profile-after-login

modified it should look like:

COPY CODE

//custom redirect

return bp_core_get_user_domain($user->ID ).'/profile/change-avatar/#item-nav';
        else
    }

You must be a regular user, not an admin

---

sermsak
    Participant

i already add the code from https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/redirect-user-to-their-profile-after-login . and i test to register. the page said – User registration is currently not allowed.
    Please comment . Thank you

sermsak
    Participant

Hello. Support Team

Now i can fix this problem by wordpress help. Sorry to loose your time.
    Thanks

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, enable registration from Settings – General

---

metalmick
    Participant
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Redirect After Login’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?