This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     Imzaia World
    Participant

Hello team,

I have a question, after having checked out your KB on the issue.

I need to have my subscribers end up on my homepage after logging in, and not on the WP Dashboard.

No matter what I do, it doesn’t seem to work. I have gone to Theme Options –> miscellaneous and used the pop up setting, redirecting that to my homepage.

I was thinking that, perhaps because I am the admin, I am redirected to the dashboard instead, but I tested on a subscriber account and the same thing happens.

I have tried installing Peters’ redirect tool, but that did not work either.

Any suggestions?

Warm regards

Yin

Imzaia World
    Participant

Hi again,

Sorry, to clarify, I mistakenly wrote in my message above that I wanted users to be redirected to the homepage after logging in, but what I actually need is for them to stay on the page from which they use the login pop up box.

As such, I made adaptations to my Theme options > miscellaneous settings, and I added a screenshot to show you my settings. HOWEVER, unfortunately, I still keep ending up on the WP Dashboard when logging in… I have no idea why.

Can you assist?

Warm regards
    Yin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi,

I see, please leave try to set custom link and to add the link that you want to be redirected after login like in the screenshot below.

Also if it’s the same you can try to use the next php snippet by adding it in child theme, functions.php

COPY CODE

/* Radu SQ: easy redirect to Homepage after login */
    function sq7_rdu_redirect( $redirect_to, $request, $user ) {
        $redirect_to = home_url();
        return $redirect_to;
    }
    add_filter('login_redirect', 'sq7_rdu_redirect', 11, 3);

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?