This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     infodale
    Participant

Good Morning,

I have a problem with the registration form. I use the Kleo theme and I have downloaded “Home register” demo and I want to use it as registration form for my site, however, every time I give the order to register, the Buddypress form comes out. How can I change this? In the same way it happens with other forms that I have created in VFB, I put the short-code of it in the registration page and it only shows me the form that Buddypress creates.

Thanks for your help,

Aurelio.

Kieran_SQ

Hi Aurelio,

If you assign any page in WP Admin > Settings > BuddyPress > Pages to the register option it will always override any content within the page and output the BuddyPress register form instead.

What you need to do is create a page that does not contain your custom form and assign it to the register option as stated above.

Once you have done that you can use the below custom PHP in your KLEO Child theme’s functions.php file to redirect the default register page to your custom register page and redirect users away from that custom register page if they’re already signed in.

Add this code via WP Admin > Appearance > Editor > KLEO Child > Functions.php

Code to generate the redirect from the page titled register to a page titled signup. You can change these two values to suit your needs.

COPY CODE
    // Redirect from page with slug register to page with slug signup
    function redir_away_from_reg() {
        if (is_page( 'register' ))
    {
            wp_redirect(home_url( 'signup' ));
            exit;
        }
    }
    add_action('template_redirect', 'redir_away_from_reg');

Code to redirect away from the page titled signup if the user is logged in. Change the value signup if needed to suit any changes from the above code.

COPY CODE
    // Redirect from signup page if logged in
    function acc_redir_away_li() {
        if ( is_user_logged_in()
            && (is_page( 'signup' ))
        ) {
            wp_redirect(home_url());
            exit;
        }
    }
    add_action('template_redirect', 'acc_redir_away_li');

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

infodale
    Participant

Hello Kieran,

Thanks for your answer. I tried to place the code that you gave me in the functions.php file but it gives me an error, I attached the capture of it.

Thanks for your help,

Aurelio

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

It looks like you have copied the code from the email and not the ticket as the characters are no longer properly encoded when pasted.

Please copy the code directly from this ticket and not the email.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

infodale
    Participant

Hello Kieran,

I applied the advice you gave me to generate the redirection of the code to a page titled signup. Work well, now I can finally see my registration form. But, as you will suppose, the problem is now when the registration has been completed because it redirects me to a blank page that says “This page does not work, http error 500”. The registration process is interrupted, the next page that should be the message that warns you that you have been sent an email is no longer displayed, less the activation, etc.

Thanks for your help,

Aurelio

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I will assign this to a higher level of support for review into the issue at hand. Someone will be in touch with you as soon as they can, Monday to Friday, East European Time.

Thank you for your patience,

Kieran

Radu

Hi,

We need to enable wp_debug to can see exactly what error it’s triggered there, follow the next.

Follow these steps to enable wp debug:

•  Connect to your server by FTP
    • Look in root directory of your WordPress install and open wp-config.php
    • Search for define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, false ); and change FALSE value to TRUE
    COPY CODE

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

•   After this line add this:
    COPY CODE

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

WP_DEBUG_LOG is a companion to WP_DEBUG that causes all errors to also be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory. This is useful if you want to review all notices later or need to view notices generated off-screen (e.g. during an AJAX request or wp-cron run).

Repeat the described actions and then check the debug.log file and let me know what error appears.

If this is useless please try to deactivate additional plugins except Visual Composer, K-elements, BuddyPress, Paid memberships pro and revolution slider.

After you have disabled the plugins try to see if the error persists.

Cheers

infodale
    Participant

Hello Radu,

Thank for your support. Like you told me, I did wp-config.php modification and the result you can see them in two files attached.

Thank you,

Aurelio.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi,

The trace says something about vfbp-create-user plugin can you please de-activate it and re-do the action ?

Let me know

Cheers
    R

infodale
    Participant

Hi!

I disabled the plugin and the results are the following:

1) Now, after registration, the page confirming the registration appears correctly.

2) The emails did not arrive and neither do they now, neither to the subscriber nor to the administrator.

3) The user register does not register the request of a new user (previously it did). I can only see the order in the VFB entry register.

Thanks for your help.

Aurelio.

Radu

Hi,

2. TRy to reinstall buddypress emails from WP-admin -> Tools > Buddypress > Reinstall emails
    If it’s the same maybe you need to install and configure https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

For both questions 2,3 If you de-activate child theme any difference ? IF you will use the default wp theme the same ?

So i cannot reproduce issues that you explain on my local end with all things updated.

Cheers
    R

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?