This topic has 21 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Radu.

• Author
     mohantyt
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to add Registration page with the slider at homepage of the latest theme. But I have not found any way to fix this.

All the documents associated the latest update, do not have the guide to setup the homepage.

Please update me, so that my homepage (http://calling4help.co.in) will look similar to https://seventhqueen.com/demo/sweetdatewp/.

I need the Registration Block should be displayed in place of Search Block at homepage

Thanks,

Tushar

Laura

Hello, i will be happy to help you 🙂 Can you share access?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

mohantyt
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     mohantyt
    Participant

Hello,
    When will you please address our website issues. Right now we still have the old version running on whitedate.net without bug in search function from 2nd result page onward. It has been almost 3 months (!!!) now that we are stuck with this problem. We cannot properly communicate a dating website without functioning search tool. We need to build the new structure fast, make search, validation email, membership etc work. I am counting on your professionalism.
    Best regards
    Christiane

Laura

Hello, i can record while i fix the homepage issue if you want so you know how it works.
    Elementor doesnt change memberships, just the homepage, the rest is quite the same

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

mohantyt
    Participant

Yes, please do record. We need this site to work on all levels. People are signing up.

mohantyt
    Participant

Hello,
    How long do you think will the fixing and recording on the new instance take ? We are under pressure to make the site work. The bugs have been blocking the commercial development of whitedate for 3 months (!) now.
    Thanks a lot for your help.
    Christiane

mohantyt
    Participant

Following the upgrade of the Elementor plugin the site whitedate.net is down now. The server people are right now trying to restore it.

Radu

Hi,

In 3.0 version we have implemented Elementor plugin and updated our templating logic once with buddypress that’s so many changes there.

Tried to login to your dashboard to see how the things are behaving, but the admin credentials are not correct, can you please provide to me the correct one please ?

I will re-import the homapage like in our demo and then you can re-adjust your content in new homempage.

Related to the search button at the top, i recommend you to use the change that was maden in the past…

Also ftp credentials may help maybe it will be needed to update the theme

Let me know

Cheers
    R

mohantyt
    Participant

Hello Radu,

We urgently need you to fix the search bug on the old site and document the changes you made to help us understand the initial problem.

We just made a clone:
    http://woocommerce-121781-405139.cloudwaysapps.com/wp-admin/
    cs@squirrelprod.com
    z&5r45sgJuq§430

Please fix the search bug for 2nd and following result pages.
    Once this is repaired, we can communicate the site normally and have time to rebuild the site from scratch using the 3.0 version.

Best
    Christiane & Tushar

mohantyt
    Participant

Hello Radu,
    I hope you had a good weekend. Will you be working today to fix the site please? We need it to finally work. Please update us.
    Thx, Christiane & Tushar

Radu

Hi,

Fixed, so the sarch it’s there it works, there was complete mess plugin non active , sweetdate old version that wasn’t capable for elementor and so on… now shuuld be ok, next time pay attention to which theme you activate, since there are more sweetdate themes, leave only the latest one

I remained that i’ve done a similar thing in the past… and i’ve done same thing again… if you cannot handle the updates and maintain the website hire a web developer.

Hope you understand

Cheers
    R.

mohantyt
    Participant

Hello Radu,
    How do you know that the search works, we added some testing data and do not get any profiles on the result pages.
    I have a new webmaster, his name is Praveen and he will take over from now on. He might continue this conversation.
    Best
    Christiane

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     mohantyt
    Participant

Hello Radu,

where did you work on ?
    I guess you worked on the clone of the live site based on old version but the search result 2nd page does not work here either.
    http://woocommerce-121781-405139.cloudwaysapps.com/wp-admin/
    cs@squirrelprod.com
    z&5r45sgJuq§430

I guess you did not work on the new instance? Search cannot be tested as not enough data. We started to add some yesterday.
    http://calling4help.co.in/
    whiteadmindate
    UAYP7vj$#Z)Q6O9b#0

Please confirm where you added the changes.
    Best
    Christiane

Radu

Where you send me the link in this reply : https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/registration-for-at-homepage-for-latest-sweetdate-3-0-or-higher/#post-185635

On that install!

Please keep in mind this! for 3.x Versions it’s mandatory to not use the wp-admin -> buddypress-> Search form customization(DEPRECATED)

In the search members page that you had created, to can render the new form using the bp profile search instead the theme core feature that it’s deprecated, it’s needed to add this one.

[bps_display form=1991 template=”members/bps-form-horizontal”]

The form will be populated with additional fields from wp-admin -> users -> profile search- > Members Horizontal

Keep this in mind to do for every instance of your website/s that runs Sweetdate 3.0

The search works as it should : http://woocommerce-121781-405139.cloudwaysapps.com/search-members/

Please confirm that all good to can close the ticket.

Cheers
    R.

mohantyt
    Participant

Hello Radu, Praveen, Mohit and Amit are working on the another clone of our live site on their server trying to reproduce the functioning search. They might get back to you with questions.
    This ticket will be closed when the search works on live site AND at the same time the validation email so people can complete their sign up. Remember, the bug with new sign ups not receiving validation email was the reason why we had to set the site back to the old version without Elementor.
    Search AND validation email need to work on live site. Then we will close the ticket.
    Best
    Christiane

Radu

Hi registration works as it should using latest theme version and plugins , make sure to not be caused by some third party plugin or by some custom code or template in child
    Cheers
    R

mohantyt
    Participant

Hello Radu,

We initially contacted you in this thread because Tushar wants to rebuild the site based on 3.0 but he does not see any option of the Registration Form on the home.

Please add the Registration Form on the new instance
    http://calling4help.co.in/
    whiteadmindate
    UAYP7vj$#Z)Q6O9b#0
    so we can rebuild the site from scratch with Elementor 3.0 and the functioning search.
    You are free to make any changes to plugins etc.
    Without registration form we are stuck and cannot rebuild the site.

Thanks a lot for your help
    Christiane & Tushar

mohantyt
    Participant

PS: It’s about the Registration Form on the HOME PAGE instead of search form.
    Kindly adapt.Thx, C&T

Radu

Hi,

I’ve done already those 2-3 times, why you not copying the staging install to the live, that’s i taught, that you will be. So just duplicate what i’ve done in the live version

I’ve done for you 2-3 times same thing, not sure why it’s needed again since you can copy that from stating installs.

Cheers
    R.

mohantyt
    Participant

Hello Radu,

You did not touch the new instance on calling4help as requested in this ticket.
    Please reread our first message attached below. It was about adding the sign up form/registration page on the HOME. Feel free to make any changes you want.

Best
    Christiane & Tushar

Radu

Hi,
    You know how to achieve that i’ve told you in the past tickets immediately after i’ve done that in one of your staging install the steps to can do it for your rest of sweetdate instances.

I will tell you again the steps how you can make that to work as it should.

Go to wp-admin -> theme options -> buddypress -> Search form customization(DEPRECATED) uncheck all fields!

Please keep in mind this! for 3.x Versions it’s mandatory to not use the wp-admin -> buddypress-> Search form customization(DEPRECATED)

So uncheck all of those!

So, now the search form will be builded from wp-admin -> users -> profile search.

Horizontal form settings :

Home form settings :

In the search member page that you had created, to can render the new form using the bp profile search instead the theme core feature that it’s deprecated, it’s needed to add this one.

http://calling4help.co.in/search-member/

[bps_display form=1991 template=”members/bps-form-horizontal”]
    **instead 1991 replace with your form id.

The forms will be populated with additional fields from wp-admin -> users -> profile search- > Members Horizontal or home search.

Keep this in mind to do for every instance of your website/s that runs Sweetdate 3.0, you need to do this things, i’ve explained you multiple times but it looks that you ignore what i say.

So i’ve explained this multiple times and i’ve done 3 times the same thing on your staging server, i cannot do it again, follow my explained instructions from this ticket and from the older tickets, your webmaster should be able to make that….

Make sure to have all plugins updated! and child theme without any changes from past theme versions.

Cheers

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?