This topic has 21 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Radu.

• Author
     bethtsky
    Participant

When you select the register and create profile button on the home page I would like to link that to the Buddy Press registration form. I thought I did it correctly but It is not coming up. In addition I would like to change the Buddy press registration form and did not know how to customize it.  Can users add addl photos besides just their profile photos or can they only add a profile photo?

Laura

Hello, did you setup buddypress pages?
    At Settings > Buddypress
    About the registration form customization, you cant edit it as a normal page, if you just want to edit fields or add new ones, go to Users > Profile fields 🙂
    For the photos, rtmedia plugin is the one used for photo albums

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

bethtsky
    Participant

Do you know how to add a date range on the registration page? Such as selecting March 10 through March 15?
    Does the RT Media plugin allow users to upload photos in their profile as well?

Laura

Hello, using bp profile search plugin you can create any search form and make range fields, just go to Users > Profile search and select your field,then make it ranged
    About rtmedia, do you mean profile photo? They have a paid addon for that, but rtmedia default features allows users to have albums of photos at their profiles

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

bethtsky
    Participant

Great if they allow photos and albums that’s all I need.

For the date range in the profile field will it include all dates to and from. For example if I have two boxes that are date boxes and one that says date from and the other says date to are all the dates in btw captured. Example I select March 1 to March 5 I want to make sure the dates in between (march 2,3 and 4) are also captured. I am wanting to be able to capture all dates someone is looking for.

Laura

Hello, you will need to add it manually or use a date selector field, but i do not know if it will work. You may need the help of a developer if it doesn’t as it might require custom modifications

bethtsky
    Participant

I am using the BuddyPress plugin. At account set up is there a way to have a checkbox that allows users to use their username as their display name?

bethtsky
    Participant

Also when people are setting up their profile is there a way for them to upload their user photo when they sign up or do they have to do that after they sign up?

bethtsky
    Participant

Can you change the fields or add fields such as first and last name in account setup in BuddyPress if so how? I know for the profile you go to profile fields but not sure for the account setup.

bethtsky
    Participant

So sorry one more thing on my mobile phone the Casplit logo is just in text and not the actual logo – I wonder if that is bc it is too large. How do I decrease the size of the logo for mobile – will it also be decreased on the website?

Also in Mobile on the home page the “Meet New People Split Costs” is on top of each other – and wanted to see how to separate them.

Laura

Hello, you can change the name field to be the username so they use it as display name
    About the profile photo, you can’t make them choose it at sign up, so they have to put it after they login.
    At users-profile fields you can add any as you want, and the base profile group is the one used at registration.
    Can you share a screen shot of the issue in mobile?

bethtsky
    Participant

How do I change the name field to be their username? Also I was wanting their username to be their display name and not their first or last name.

bethtsky
    Participant

On the registration page for Buddy Press the carrots are not showing up properly. Please see the attached. Do you know how to fix those?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, at users – profile fields, change the name of the display name field so they type their username instead of their real name.
    About the icons, did you try deactivating some plugins?

bethtsky
    Participant

I really don’t have that many plugins but I deactivated the Slider Revolution. Any other suggestions on how to fix this?

Laura

Another suggestion would be to contact hosting provider about that issue, usually its the server blocking fonts

bethtsky
    Participant

There would not be any fonts on the top bar, so don’t think that is the issue. I notice when I use the Visual Composer there is a white bar at the top – see attached – it looks like there is a row there? I deleted the row but it deleted the image at the top. Do you have any other suggestions?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Radu

Hi,

You see that white line at the top only when you are using visual composer frontend editor? As guest use that isn’t visible.
    Did you have transparent header for that page or sitewide from theme options -> header options -> Transparent Main Menu ? if yes try to switch to no and check again, but I repeat if you see the white top bar only when you are using frontend editor this can be a cause.

Cheers
    R.

bethtsky
    Participant

I turned the transparent menu off and I turned off the top display bar. I see the white bar when I am in Visual Composer like you said but I still have a white bar on my mobile phone and don’t know how to get rid of it?

bethtsky
    Participant

Also I checked with my hosting provider and they said the white bar on the top of mobile has nothing to do with the hosting as there were no errors in the server log. They said it had to do something with the code in the theme for the mobile version. Can you let me know how to fix this?

Radu

Hi,

Please add this css to style.css at the end

COPY CODE

@media screen and (max-width: 782px){
        html {
             margin-top: 0 !important;
        }
    }

Delete the margin-top:-50px; form kleo-child/style.css

If you want to limit the logo width over the 782px width of window you can do it with this CSS

COPY CODE

@media screen and (min-width: 782px){
        img#logo_img{max-width:300px;}
    }

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?