This topic has 14 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Anchora.

• Author
     Anchora
    Participant

Hi there!

Registration doesnt work, as we just found out. Login for already registered members works fine,
    but when registering, theres no activationmail sent, also there is no pending entry in dashboard/members.

All regular settings are checked, and with bp-default everything works fine.
    Memberships is installed, with no restrictions.

Thx in advance.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, So you are saying that with the bp-default theme the email works? It should not make a difference. Try with the exact same plugins installed using the bp-default theme and see if emails go.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Anchora
    Participant

I did!
    only changed the theme!

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Can you provide some access so we can take a look at? Send temporary credentials and set the reply private

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Anchora
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, I think you misconfigured something because it takes you to a page named “griasdi” instead of the register page. Normally after you click the register it will take you to a new page where you have more info to add.
    look here: seventhqueen.com/demo/sweetdatewp-modern

Anchora
    Participant

yes, i have a restriction for all logged-out-users.
    but testwise i deleted this from the functions.php – and it also did not work!

will delete this – and see the same result!

(its deleted now)

anyway i dont even need those further profile-details!
    base-section is enough!

Anchora
    Participant

how would it be possible to omit this mid-step?

SQadmin
    Keymaster

I tried again but still takes me to this page: http://www.woipadinga.tv/griasdi/ and not the final register page

Doing a registration from homepage directly implies some custom work because it is not an easy task, requires validation, etc.

Anchora
    Participant

Well, “griasdi” IS the homepage!
    Thats with the Front-page-template and the kleo-shortcodes in it! (copy/paste from the documentation)

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Well, something is wrong since when you hit to register you get back to that page instead of the Register page. Look at our demo and see what normally happens: http://seventhqueen.com/demo/sweetdatewp-modern/

PS. I like the way you styled the site.

Anchora
    Participant

thanks a lot, i appreciate this! 🙂
    (+ beyond that YOUR work is fabulous too!)
    🙂

maybe i have located the issue?

there are the bp-core settings:
    wp-settings >> bp >> pages >> register

is there any shortcode or so, that has to be in it?
    actually in bp it is empty, but does this have to be contented for this theme?

thats the only idea i have about this!
    (of course i checked your demoversion, but i had no clue about it)

thanks for your patience, again.

hope i can spare you some time by answering some of the easier questions in the forum!
    🙂

bless!

SQadmin
    Keymaster

I see what the problem is 🙂
    In Settings -> Buddypress -> Pages you set the Home page to the registration instead of the Register page
    You don’t need a shortcode, just to match the buddypress component with the page.

Cheers

SQadmin
    Keymaster

I see now the page shows nothing. Have you modified the template from registration/register.php?

Anchora
    Participant

Done! Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?