This topic has 15 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by minimelon.

• Author

Tagged: ,

nilje
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m having trouble with setting the Facebook App.
    I set the app the last days and it seems like it would work, but I tested it with a facebook account and now it says, after I clicked ‘okay’ at the permissons request: “Please click again to login with facebook and allow the application to use your email address”
    When I click again, it just says the same all over again. Do you have an idea what that could be?
    I’ve read something about setting permission requests, but there I have to change something at the code and because the Facebook Login is integrated in Kleo, I don’t know where I should do something like this.
    Thanks

joelradon
    Participant

I am having the same issue. My new website isn’t live yet, and this is the only thing holding me back from going live. It seems to work on 80% of my users, but 20% are having issues. I believe the issue may be Facebook and not the theme since the users who are unsuccessful have tried multiple devices. Either way I need to figure out what is going on so I can go live.

I have had the users that are having the issue, check all their facebook privacy settings, and they seem fine. I have also had the delete the API Facebook app and try again. They are still having the same issue.

joelradon
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     joelradon
    Participant

The user gets prompted to login to facebook

After the user selects ok, they get this

joelradon
    Participant

I have done some additional testing on this issue and I’d like to share what I have found.

The problem doesn’t appear to be with the theme plugin or facebook. Here are my troubleshooting steps:

1) I tried using a 3rd party plugin, to see if the built-in theme plugin was causing the issue. I had the same issue using another plugin

2) One of the users experiencing the issue gave me his FB password so I could check his security settings. The first thing I tried to do was replicate the issue, but to my surprise the registration worked. So there was no issue with his security settings.

3) After registering under his account, he is still unable to login from his device. The issue appears to be at the device level and not at the theme or facebook level.

joelradon
    Participant

It’s working now for me! I had the user clear cookies and cache on his android browser using the steps below

Chrome for Android
    Touch Chrome menu > Settings.
    Touch (Advanced) Privacy.
    Touch Clear browsing data.

Sorry for all the posting to the OP, but hopefully it helps solve her issue.

nilje
    Participant

Hi,
    thanks for your input!
    I’m having the exact same issue but cleaning the browser data does not help at all. I’ve tried it with different browsers – everytime I get the same message.

And even your way would work for me too, how will you explain your users (who you maybe often don’t even know) what to do? They aren’t patient, either it works or not and they are faster gone then finding a solution for this problem.

Really hoping to get this work πŸ™

nilje
    Participant

Oh my god, that’s really embarrasing πŸ˜€
    In german there is a good saying: Ich sehe vor lauter BΓ€umen den Wald nicht mehr. πŸ˜€ It means, I don’t see the forest because of all the trees haha.
    Ok, the only problem was, that I had not confirm the email address of my facebook-test-account – nothing more! Really sorry.

zizogul
    Participant

Hi,Nilje
    am having the same problem, can you please explain what you mean by ” I had not confirm the email address of my facebook-test-account – nothing more! Really sorry.” please.

nilje
    Participant

To test the registration I made a new account with another email address of mine. But I hadn’t confirm this email so facebook asked for email-permission at my site. Because facebook itself had not a conformation. I just had to click the confirm button at an email which was sent after registering the test-account πŸ™‚

zizogul
    Participant

But i am facing this problem with a confirmed facebook accounts, the account that i made facebook app with could login tom my site.

nilje
    Participant

ok, I set the post to ‘not resolved’, maybe the support is taking a look into this

zizogul
    Participant

am going to hold on to the german saying u told above :), all the facebook accounts i tested with was not confirmed accounts, facebook login works fine thanks alot.

nilje
    Participant

haha great!

minimelon
    Participant

Hi, I have a problem with error 500. If I would like to register via facebook. Do you know how to fix this? Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     minimelon
    Participant

still no answer? πŸ™

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?