This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Abe.

• Author
     zm
    Participant

Hello,

I have tried many Captcha plugin to stop the spam which worked perfect for me. But non of them worked to stop spam using facebook login method. I have figured that bots are using this way to sneak into your forum.

Is there a plugin or setting to put security check on Facebook Login method?

sharmstr

I havent heard of this before. So these spam accounts actually have facebook accounts? There doesnt seem to be a plugin to stop fb accounts, but you could always turn of registration via fb in theme options > misc. Then a user would have to register using the form first, but be able to login be fb after they have activated their account.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

zm
    Participant

Thank you for the quick response. Its the only option to stop spam.

I am using Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) by BestWebSoft plugin to stop spam. But this plugin is not showing up on the registration page. I believe this plugin only embeds code into wordpress registration page whereas my site is using buddy press registration form.
    Can you please help to edit my theme files to add this recaptcha into my buddypress registration form?

I am not geek and do not know which file needs to be edited for this.

Thank you

sharmstr

I played around with WP-recaptcha-bp yesterday. It puts a captcha on the registration form.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

zm
    Participant

Thank you sharmstr for the help.

This plugin worked perfectly.

sharmstr

Oh good. You’re welcome.

zm
    Participant

hi.

i am unable to login with facebook on http://www.thepatang.com

i am getting this message

URL Blocked: This redirect failed because the redirect URI is not whitelisted in the app’s Client OAuth Settings. Make sure Client and Web OAuth Login are on and add all your app domains as Valid OAuth Redirect URIs.

what is and my URI ?

please hlep

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, that should be related to Facebook APP used for the login. See this tutorial on creating an APP for Facebook login.
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/general/article/create-facebook-app-get-app-id-facebook-login

Cheers

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?