This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     investa
    Participant

Hi, last year my site developed a couple of glitches such as the create a group button not working. I have tried isolating plugins with no success. With the new year and some new resolutions I would like to try a reinstall butor.x obviously keep all my content, members and all their buddypress interactions. Is that possible?

Laura

Hello, do you mean you do no longer have the site online or that you want to reinstall the THEME?
    Because if its the theme, buddypress users and all data wont be deleted

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

investa
    Participant

Hi Laura, yes I still have my site up online but there is obviously a conflict somewhere. I haven been able to isolate so I was wondering if I could
    i. move my current site to a new domain
    ii. start again with a clean install
    iii. migrate my current members and content back into the clean install

Laura

Hello, yes, you can try using Duplicator, it will help you create an installer to reinstall the site.
    If you just want to move USERS and CONTENT (posts,pages,products,plugin files…) you will need to export those specific database tables and then import them at your new install. Or you could try to filter them off your install file using Duplicator.

So, Duplicator will help you:
    -Export all your content and easy install with a few clicks
    -Automatically adjust your database for a new domain

You may need the help of a developer if you plan to just export USERS and CONTENT as you may need to do the install manually

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

investa
    Participant

Thanks Laura, just one more question on my site I have a white search box and the text appears to also type in a white so it works but you cant see what is typed. On my mobile version I have a grey search box and white text. What do I need to do to get them to match up and for the typed text to be visible. Thanks again for the help.

investa
    Participant

Apologies, another issue has cropped up. The logo on my mobile site version has dropped and appears over my drop down menu, When I had this problem with my original site, that I am now trying to fix, Radu gae me some code

COPY CODE
    @media screen and (max-width: 480px) {
    .logo img {
        max-width: 240px;
    }
    }

unfortunately this doesn’t work on the site I’m now building from scratch for some reason. Can you help?

Laura

Hello, i do not see any search bar, also the logo looks fine for me, let me know 🙂

investa
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, for the search bar use this

COPY CODE

form#ajax_searchform input {
        color: black !important;
    }

And for the logo this

COPY CODE

@media (max-width: 991px) {
    .header-centered .navbar-header .logo {
        display: block !important;
    }
    }

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?