This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by fg123.

• Author
     fg123
    Participant

How would I remove the “All Members” tab in the activity feed? I have been researching online on how to do this, but I can’t figure it out.

Many mention deleting a specific line or lines in the index.php under the buddypress folder.

I’m new to working with buddypress and new to child themes, so please help me out by putting any answers in the simplest possible form.

Thanks everybody!

sharmstr

put this in your theme options quick css

COPY CODE

#activity-all {
      display: none;
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

fg123
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

fg123
    Participant

@sharmstr If I could bother you with one more thing? Sorry! When I followed your instructions it did exactly what I needed. The last bit of the problem I am having is that when the page loads, it doesn’t automatically select the appropriate tab and it’s information. So I got rid of everything but the “my groups” tab and when I load the page, it shows activity from the “all-members” activity tab still.

Is there a way to make the site automatically select the “my groups” tab first?

Again, thank you so much for you help!

sharmstr

Before I answer, are you saying that you only want to show activity from the groups that the user is a member of. That’s all?

fg123
    Participant

@sharmstr Basically, yes. haha

sharmstr

Ask on the buddypress forum the best way to do that. You can filter the loop with this code in your childs theme functions.php file, but the second page (load more) still shows all activity so you’ll need to ask the bp developers how to fix that.

COPY CODE

function filtering_activity_default( $query ) {

if ( empty( $query ) && empty( $_POST ) ) {
            $query = 'scope=groups';
        }
        return $query;
    }
    add_filter( 'bp_ajax_querystring', 'filtering_activity_default', 999 );

fg123
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?