This topic has 21 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Radu.

• Author
     logaritym
    Participant

Hello. How can I remove the excerpts from the different blog variations (carousel, masondry, thumbnail)? I want my complete post to be shown, at least in carousel model (and maybe the thumbnail). I tried to replace echo kleo_excerpt() with the_content(), but it worked only for masondry.

Best

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

logaritym
    Participant

I found a lot of bugs today btw…

1. I have lots of posts in my blog. The menu shows ~500, but when I click on it, only 1 article appears.

2. I and my friend both appear as Deleter User.

3. In the activity, the notification that we became friends is broken. The second avatar appears in the middle of one of the words.

4. When I try to comment in the blog, my avatar does not appear, only my gravatar.

5. When I post the comment, it appears under another name. The reason for this could be Molongui, but still would like to have it fixed.

6. When I favorite something in Bbpress, it does not appear in the favorites in the account.

And also, how do I remove the cart icon and the search?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     logaritym
    Participant

Also, when I hover over some button, it appears in a small grey window as well. How do I stop this? (It is shown on image 6.)

logaritym
    Participant

Finally, how can I align all the buttons in the Buddypress profile menu so that they are centered?
    Best, Artur

Radu

Hi,

SO your issues are very odd no other users reported similar and from what i see there is no issue displaying artciles on /blog/ on my end and in demo.

I will ask you to check if theme runins latest update 4.3.8 if no update it. Make sure to have all plugins updated.

IF same problems persists, de-activate child theme and all plugins. Then check if your issues are still there.

If no it means one of the deactivated things caused that and you should enable them back one by one while you check.

Those icons can be hiden frmo wp-admin -> theme options-> header options

FOr centering hte buddypress icons i don’t get how you want them, can you please screenshot that with some notes to can understand ?

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution
     logaritym
    Participant

Hi! It turned out Molongui was making problems. I removed it, but I still have an issue with the articles. When I click on the button Articles in the profile menu, only one of them appears published.
    For the Buddypress icons, I would like if they are centered under the cover photo. Now they are aligned left.

Also, when I start commenting on a post, my gravatar appears. After the comment is published, it shows the correct profile picture. Is this normal?

Also, is it possible to favorite posts and have them saved somehow? That is both posts from the blog and the forum.

Cheers

Radu

Hi,

For the gravatar issue it may happens that because you had used same email addresss like on gravatar/wordpress.com and also on you wp/buddypress account.You can try this plugin : https://wordpress.org/plugins/disable-user-gravatar/ to disable completly the gravatar.

The article tab generated by the social articles there will appear only the user written articles.

There is no plugin/solution combining articles/topics from blog and forum.

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     logaritym
    Participant

Mate, can you tell me:
    1. how to display all posts in full instead of only excerpts in the blog?
    2. How to customize the fonts in the header
    3. How to add breadcrumbs to the forum only

Thanks, Artur

logaritym
    Participant

And something else…
    4. For some widths of the window, the comments box gets cut off.
    5. Is there any other way to display the titles and the meta of the posts? Right now the meta is written always in a small column on the left (I’m talking about the blog posts), and I’m not sure it looks great. Can we do something closer to this -> puzzleprime.com/updates

Best, Artur

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     logaritym
    Participant

Guys, can anyone help with these 5 points above?
    Thanks!

Radu

Hi,

The limit can be changed by addind the next codes to /wp-content/themes/kleo-child/functions.php

Replace 350 with your desired number or characters

Code below:

COPY CODE

if ( ! function_exists( 'kleo_excerpt' ) ) {
        function kleo_excerpt( $limit = 50, $words = false ) {
            /*Force excerpt length*/
            $limit = 350;
            $from_content    = false;
            $excerpt_initial = get_the_excerpt();

if ( $excerpt_initial == '' ) {
                $excerpt_initial = get_the_content();
                $from_content    = true;
            }
            $excerpt_initial = preg_replace( '<code>\[[^\]]*\]</code>', '', $excerpt_initial );
            $excerpt_initial = strip_tags( $excerpt_initial );

/* If we got it from get_the_content -> apply length restriction */
            if ( $from_content ) {
                $excerpt_length  = apply_filters( 'excerpt_length', $limit );
                $excerpt_initial = wp_trim_words( $excerpt_initial, $excerpt_length, '' );
            }

if ( $words ) {
                $excerpt = explode( ' ', $excerpt_initial, $limit );
                if ( count( $excerpt ) >= $limit ) {
                    array_pop( $excerpt );
                    $excerpt = implode( " ", $excerpt ) . '...';
                } else {
                    $excerpt = implode( " ", $excerpt ) . '';
                }
            } else {
                $excerpt = substr( $excerpt_initial, 0, $limit ) . ( strlen( $excerpt_initial ) > $limit ? '...' : '' );
            }

return '<p>' . $excerpt . '</p>';
        }
    }

function kleo_new_excerpt_length( $length ) {
        return 350;
    }

2. What element you need more specific ?

for all use this selector

#header *, #header > *,#header * a {
    font-size: 15px !important;
    }

Code will be added to wp-admin -> theme options -> general settings -> quick css

No quick solution for that… a workaround may be setting them to be everywhere and with soem css to be nidden in non bbpress places.

Provide url to see live the behaviour.

Go to wp-admin -> theme options -> blog

Cheers
    R

logaritym
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Radu. The only remaining issue is with the full posts. I have posts with various elements and images inside, and I am not sure that simply changing the char number cut-off will fix this. I saw that one of the moderators gave a custom code here -> https://themeforest.net/item/kleo-pro-community-focused-multipurpose-buddypress-theme/6776630/comments?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=full+posts&from_buyers_and_authors_only=0
    but it does nothing for thumbnail and standard layouts, and even for masonry for some reason displays the first images twice.

Radu

Hi,

Cannot see any snippet there at that link anyway the code that i had provided to wasn’t ok ?

Can you link here where it’s current issue ? What post template are you using ?

Cheers
    R

logaritym
    Participant

Yeah, I added the script, but it didn’t work for some reason. The solution for masondry provided on webpage I linked is:

I was wondering if I could use the post grid option in the Visual Composer, but display FULL post content. Any thoughts on how I can accomplish this? Thanks for your help.
    Hi, the template that handles the grid can be found in the theme folder under page-parts/post-content-masonry.php. You should replace echo kleo_excerpt() with the_content()

For some of my posts and pages, I use the Brizy page builder. For some reason, Kleo does not recognize the content built with Brizy and does not show it. However, the code does not show the full posts even if they are not made with Brizy but with the standard wp editor.

1. Are you going to be compatible with Brizy?

2. Any other ideas how to fix the full posts?

Cheers

Radu

Hi,

1. We will investigate and do some test and in 2-3 days we can communicate if yes/no/ETA

2.Hi, use this snippet instead for using the_content instead the_excerpt https://pastebin.com/raw/NCCakG4J so the_content will show all content of the post.

Let me know

Cheers
    R

logaritym
    Participant

Hi Radu,
    Thanks for the new code. The issue with these snippets are that they just show the text in the post. If there are any buttons or images, they do not get displayed properly.
    Cheers

Radu

Hi,

That implies to have full content, so father you can provide to me the url to can see how it behaves and maybe with some lines of CSS they will be fitted.

Or removing all richmedia content and leaving only plain text ?!

Let me know
    Cheers

logaritym
    Participant

My website is actually not live yet. I am trying to move from Squarespace to WordPress, but I need to be able to show my posts in full in the blog and the archives. I need something like this:

puzzleprime.com/updates

If you like, I can make you an admin account so that you can take a look. Just give me an email to add the user.

Cheers

Radu

Hi,

Here’s my email adress : radu@seventhqueen.com

Provide url to a post where the photo or thigs are not fitter because of the modification to show full content.

Let me know
    Cheers
    R

logaritym
    Participant

Hi Radu, I emailed you yesterday from p1@puzzleprime.com.

Radu
    This reply has been set as private.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?