This topic has 13 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by HouseQuake.

• Author

Hi 7thQ –

Let’s see if you can get this one right.

Because of the enormous mistake and therefore security threat it poses, particularly to women, we want to delete on the profile top line which has the users REAL NAME. We cannot have a REAL NAME displayed on our site ever for legal & security purposes.

Please tell us where in the code, and provide the correct path, we can delete this one line.

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, there is no code for this, just go to wp admin panel > Users > Profile Field and delete the field that you dont want.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

1) It’s a field that cannot be deleted.

2) There has to be code for it somewhere – otherwise it would not display. SMH.

Laura

Hello,
    1.Users doesnt have to put their real name, just change the text to username or what ever you want. If they put their real name is because the field name is asking for it.

2. There is no need to code nothing to do this change.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

This does NOT solve the display text problem on the front-end in the profile.

We changed the name and it is good for the register page but now it shows up on the profile as ‘Username – Please Re-enter which looks awful and cannot be left like that (see screenshot).

There is nothing we can do about this except to remove the top lines which have to be on your code somewhere as this is a custom theme. Just tell us where we can delete this top line or provide code that we can insert into the child theme so it will be ‘hidden.’

Thank you.

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, try to add this to your child theme style.css

COPY CODE

.bp-field-name bp-field-id-1 {
    display:none;
    }
    .bp-field-value bp-field-id-1 {
    display:none;
    }

Laura – los sientos much but it did not work at all. Que lastima. 🙁

Let’s try adding some new/different code to the child theme css.

Gracias amiga.

Laura

Hello, give me access to your admin-panel again so i can check it out

This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, i went to profile fields and deleted “Please Re-enter” From the name

Attachments:

You can’t do that!!!!

People will get confused and that’s WHY WE ADDED THAT TEXT!!!

That is NOT a solution.

You NEED TO PROVIDE THE PAGE IN YOUR CODE THAT HAS THAT TEXT DURING THE SIGNUP BECAUSE IT’S NOT RELATED TO WORDPRESS. WORDPRESS ONLY ASKS ONCE FOR A ‘USERNAME’… THE SECOND TIME ITS ASKED ON THE REGISTRATION IS COMING FROM YOUR TEMPLATE THEME.

PLEASE GIVE US THE AREA IN THE CODE WE CAN EDIT THIS!!!!!

We put ‘Please Re-enter’ BACK – DON’T EVER DELETE OUR WORK UNLESS WE GIVE YOU EXPRESS PERMISSION HERE FIRST.

Laura

Hello, sorry but our support team doesnt support this. Hire a developer to do this for you.

HouseQuake
    Participant

No the second time it is asking for it is because of Buddypress and has nothing to do with the theme.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Remove Top Profile Line with Real Name’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?