This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Radu.

• Author
     fullworksmedia
    Participant

hi there,

I’d like to rename and re-order some of the tabs on the buddypress profile page. Could you please tell me how to do it and which file needs editing? Please check image attached.

For example I’d like Groups to be after Profil but also ‘groups’ to be renamed to ‘Grupy’.

Many thanks,

Adam

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi

Add this function to child theme / wp-content/themes/kleo-child/functions.php

COPY CODE

function rename_bp_tabs() {
        global $bp;
        $bp->bp_nav['notifications']['name'] = 'RE-Notifications';
        $bp->bp_nav['messages']['name'] = 'RE-Messages';
        $bp->bp_nav['groups']['name'] = 'RE-GRoups';
    }
    add_action( 'bp_init', 'rename_bp_tabs');

Note Kleo Child theme needs to be installed and activated.

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     fullworksmedia
    Participant

Thanks for your prompt reply, it worked!

Just one more thing.. do you know how to disable certain updates from the activity wall? For example when someone joins the group, uploads new profile picture or became registered member. I don’t really want these messages to show up on the activity wall.

Many thanks,
    Adam

Radu

You’re welcome

You can remove all that kind of activities with this setting Go to wp-admin -> theme options -> buddypress -> settings -> UNCHECK this -> Site Tracking

Let me know

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     fullworksmedia
    Participant

hi Radu,
    I’ve unchecked site tracking, but when I upload new avatar, on the site-wide-activity it still says ‘Adam changed their profile picture’. Any more ideas?

Thanks,
    Adam

Radu

I’ve understand, we don’t have an option in theme for that but you can edit the php files, please take a look at this article : https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-customize-the-buddypress-activity-loop/

Then in our theme the responsible file for that is /wp-content/themes/kleo/buddypress/activity/activity-loop.php but before do your changes copy the file to /wp-content/themes/kleo-child/buddypress/activity/

Around line 16 you will see this

COPY CODE

<?php if ( bp_has_activities( bp_ajax_querystring( 'activity' ) ) ) : ?>

the according the article you will replace with

COPY CODE

<?php if ( bp_has_activities( bp_ajax_querystring( 'activity' ).'&object=groups,profile,status,blogs' ) ) : ?>

Or with your desired components

Cheers
    R.

Radu

If you paste, the code form the forum do not keep the space < ?php to be like Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?