This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Radu.

• Author
     janicholson3
    Participant

Greetings. I’ve been trying to get a working install of BuddyApp going for quite some time now and I keep leaving it frustrated and coming back refreshed to try again and still can’t seem to get the theme working with the recommended and required plugins. I’ve gone through the set-up instructions several times and with several variations to test out where the issue might be, and nothing seems to allow me to set the site up to a minimum functioning level as instructed in the documentation.

The issue seems to somehow be related to the interaction between the required and/or recommended plugins, chiefly rtmedia. If I install both of the required plugins and several of the recommended plugins (omitting the ones I won’t need or use), by the time I get rtmedia installed and try to refresh the site it just goes completely white. When I delete rtmedia via ftp, the site returns.

I’ve tried installing rtmedia first and the site functions when it’s there by itself, but as soon as I install Visual Composer/WPBakery Page Builder, refreshing the homepage makes the site go down again (it just turns white and loads nothing).

One of the commets from your company on the Theme Forrest page comments section suggested upping the php memory limit over 128MB, which I did. I verified that the memory limit in the php.ini file was well over 200 and it still had no impact on the issue.

The rtmedia site’s support section suggested trying the combos of plugins with another theme installed to make sure it wasn’t a problem with the theme itself, and the problem was replicated with the wordpress default theme as well. This leads me to think it’s a conflict problem among plugins. However, BuddyApp requires and recommends these various plugins in order to properly function as promised, so I’m sure this is something you can help with even though it may be a plugin issue.

Thanks very much.

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Radu

Hi,

To can see exactly what’s happens there you should enable wp debug in wp-config.php file and then to reproduce the action that causes that.

Follow these steps to enable wp debug:

•  Connect to your server by FTP
    • Look in root directory of your WordPress install and open wp-config.php
    • Search for define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, false ); and change FALSE value to TRUE
    COPY CODE
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

•   After this line add this:
    COPY CODE
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

WP_DEBUG_LOG is a companion to WP_DEBUG that causes all errors to also be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory. This is useful if you want to review all notices later or need to view notices generated off-screen (e.g. during an AJAX request or wp-cron run).

Repeat the described actions and then check the debug.log file and let me know what error appears.

Cheers
    Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?