This topic has 13 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     tmh23
    Participant

I have some issues/differences with members resetting their passwords now with the latest Kleo update.

When you click  lost your password link it opens the modal to enter your username fine.  The email is sending, however the email is not formatting like it used to and like the rest of my emails.  (I am using PMPro)  I used to get the formatted email (see attachment) but now I get a plain unformatted email (see attachment)

And now when I click the link in the email to reset the password it sends you to the wp-admin.php page and has a random email already in the field.  (see attachment).  It used to send you to a kleo formatted page with two fields to reset your password.  Its fine if that page doesn’t happen anymore but if you are taken to the wp-admin to enter a new email how do I get it so it does not have a random password already in the field.  I would like to not have the text say that the password “must be 12 charecters”.

Note:  The whole reset process works, its just the formatting is now confusing for users.

Thanks,

Troy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, do you use any email template plugin? Do you have all plugins updated?
    Let me know 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

tmh23
    Participant

I do not use an email template plugin and all plugins are up to date.
    How can I fix this? The other emails that are sent out for new account and orders are all formatted correctly. Just the reset password one doesn’t work.

How can I have it go to the reset password page rather that the wp-admin.php page?
    If it has to go to the wp-admin.php page how can I not have it auto generate a password and not have the strength indicator or text that is there. Users are getting really confused that either they have to use the auto generated password or that the pass word has to be strong with 12 characters and the symbols.

I would prefer for them to be directed to the nice password reset page that woocommerce generates as it did before.

Thanks,
    Troy

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

tmh23
    Participant

Any info on this?

Thanks,
    Troy

Radu

Hi,

By default wp email are plaintext, you can try to use this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-better-emails/ ,

How can I have it go to the reset password page rather that the wp-admin.php page?

For the moment this is the only option in kleo.

In that form where the password is pre-entered you are able to type your desired password.

Cheers

tmh23
    Participant

Emails are coming out of WooCommerce and all of them except the reset password are html formatted.  The reset pasword email used to be formatted html like the other but seems with the 4.0 Kleo update something is now overriding this email.

Is there a way to not have the password field be pre-entered?  It is confusing some users that they have to use that pre-entered password.  It would be better if the field was just blank and they entered their desired password.

Troy

Andrei

Hi,

We’re using the default wp_email to send emails, and that’s how the emails are formatted by default.
    The nice formatted email you get comes from WooCommerce and you get it only when you use the reset or register functions that comes from WooCommerce.

For having nicer email templates for the default wp emails you can use a plugin for doing that, you can start by using the one Radu mentioned above or you can try to find a similar one.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Cheers

tmh23
    Participant

It’s weird that I used to get the nicely formatted emails without a plugin for resetting the password but now I don’t. This happened with an update to the theme. Are there setting that I am missing either in the theme or in woocommerce that perhaps will get this back without the use of a plugin?

Thanks,
    Troy

Andrei

We didn’t made any changes to our theme regarding the reset password email so it’s not from the theme update, more probably the change you’re reporting is because of some plugin changes/updates or maybe you added or deleted something. Try to remember with what plugins you’ve interacted lately that might affect this email template.

But as I’ve said previously, those email templates are part of the woocommerce functionality, and the recover email from our login popup it’s an plain text, without any template, exactly like the wordpress default one.

Cheers

tmh23
    Participant

I’m still confused how it used to use the woocommerce template but now it doesn’t. Where is the option to use the woocommerce password reset? I don’t see it in the settings.

Troy.

Andrei

Hi,

This is the WooCommerce login and lost password page, which is set to use that custom template: https://www.parttimegolf.com/my-account/ and http://www.parttimegolf.com/my-account/lost-password/

There’s no setting to change if wordpress uses this templates or not, you can only install an email template plugin and style them similar to the woocommerce ones.

Cheers

tmh23
    Participant

Ok. I will look into the plugin option.
    Is there a way to not have a random new password populate the field when you reset the password. It confuses people thinking they have to use that password. It should just be a blank field to enter their new password.

Troy

Andrei

Hi,

I’m not aware of a solution, that’s how wordpress works by default, there might be a way to remove it but I couldn’t find a quick fix.

Cheers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?