This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Oceanglim.

• Author
     Oceanglim
    Participant

As I can’t reach Theme Options (white blank page) and my site has lately become awfully slow (14 sec loadtime), I have decided to restore my site to a backup. I am just afraid of what is going to happen with new registrations and messages between members…?

Any suggestion? I try to google for a plugin that export messages as well, but not sure which does…

The backup is downloaded on my computer, and I have never done a restore, so any tip of how to do is welcome!

Greatful for help!

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I have forwarded your other ticket, regarding the Theme Options issue, to one of our developers so you may wish to hold off on doing a restore.

With the said, so long as you have a full and valid copy of your database you should be fine. All user data from their accounts, to content and information are all stored in the database and nowhere else.

Your host likely had a database tool built into their control panel. They may have phpMyAdmin or another tool but any iteration should allow you to select the database and export the entire thing as either a .sql or .csv file. I would recommend you make two or more copies in different file formats to ensure your data is safe.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Oceanglim
    Participant

Thank you Kieran!

Anyway, before doing the restore, I need to copy my users (as I got new users since last backup and want to keep messages between members since last backup) with profile fields and messages. Do you know any plugin for that?

– BuddyPress Members Export plugin?
    – Export Users to CSV plugin?

Do you know if any of those include messages?

Thanks

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I have not tested any specific plugin for exporting only BuddyPress members and the associated data. This plugin however comes recommended on the BuddyPress.org support forum

Plugin http://www.youngtechleads.com/buddypress-members-export/

Recommendation https://buddypress.org/support/topic/import-export-buddypress-data/

And as per my previous reply you can always use the same method in your hosts database tool but select only the BuddyPress and User tables for export.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Oceanglim
    Participant

Oh, thank you so much, Kieran!

Yes, I tried to go into phpMyAdmin but I couldn’t find anything that could be users-related…
    So maybe I’ll try one of the plugins you recommended.

Thanks
    Jenni

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?