This topic has 42 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Radu.

• Author
     Nando13
    Participant

Hello there,

I need to make an exception on my restrict my site to a page AND its subpages.

But so far, the exceptions is only working for the page itself and not to its subpages too.

How can I do that?

Thanks

Radu

Hi,

Please choose also the subpages that belong to the parent page, this it’s required because the subpages has unique id

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Nando13
    Participant

Hi there,

The subpages are not listed because they’re automaticly generated.

So what can I do?

Thanks

Radu

If you have community set to be private that page cannot be viewed can you provide me an example of that generated page ? it means that it’s not a page that you can see in wp-admin -> pages right ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Nando13
    Participant

Yes.

The generated page is groups pages.

I may setup options to “/groups”, but I cannot setup options to “groups/new-group”.
    And this includes side menu option (enable/disable) and restrict my site!

Radu

Only logged in users are able to create a new group even the community it’s protected or not, what i mean it’s the default behaviour.

You want to restrict the create group pages to who ?

Cheers
    R.

Nando13
    Participant

No, this is not about restrict the group creation, but NOT restrict the group visualization for non-logged users. Get it?

I just want to non-logged users be able to visualize all groups (/groups) AND individual groups (/groups/a-group).

Radu

Hi,

Just add this function to wp-content/themes/buddyapp-child/functions.php

COPY CODE

function exception_group_component() {

if (bp_is_groups_component()) {
            if (!is_admin()) {
                remove_action('template_redirect', 'kleo_restrict_site');
            }
        }

}

add_action('init','exception_group_component');

Let me know

Cheers
    R.

Nando13
    Participant

Can I add this function with “snipets” plugins?

Radu

I don’t know that… you can try but i recommend you to put in the child theme functions.php

cheers
    R.

Nando13
    Participant

Nice, it work for me!

Now, is it possible to hide the sidemenu in these subpages too? (disable the sidemenu)

Thanks

Radu

Hi,

Add this function to

COPY CODE

function disable_sidemenu_on_groups_component($data, $option) {

if (bp_is_groups_component() AND !is_user_logged_in() ) {

if ($option = 'header_sidemenu') {
                $data = false;
            }
            return $data;
        }

}
    add_filter('sq_option','disable_sidemenu_on_groups_component',10, 2 );

Let me know

Cheers
    R.

Nando13
    Participant

Great, it worked fine!

thks

Radu

Hi,

If you are pleased with the support service please very much to leave a short review … few words about your experience with the support service.

https://themeforest.net/item/kleo-next-level-wordpress-theme/reviews/6776630

Thank you in advance

Cheers
    R.

Nando13
    Participant

Hi there,

thank you for the resolution.

I’m stuck with another question. By default, the theme loops (group loops, activity loops) is filtered by last activity (activity stream) and last activity too (groups).

If I want to change this default filter, let’s say to the most popular groups (number of members per group) how should I setup the code?

Thanks

Radu

Hi,

To change number of members or groups from the widget go to wp-admin -> appearance -> widgets and edit that certain widgets and change the value

For custom activity loops try to use this plugins : https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-activity-shortcode/ check in this plugin documentation

Cheers
    R.

Nando13
    Participant

Hi,

I’ll try this plugin, but even so, it does only works for activity stream and I also need a solution for the group listing.

Widgets are not what I’m looking for.

Nando13
    Participant

Also,

it seems this plugins is not working with your theme “allow post”, so it just list the activities and not list the input box for users to post new updates.

Radu

Hi,

If you are not happy with that plugin these are responsible files for :

General activity : /wp-content/themes/buddyapp/buddypress/activity/activity-loop.php
    Group activity : /wp-content/themes/buddyapp/buddypress/groups/single/activity.php

Reference : https://codex.buddypress.org/developer/loops-reference/the-activity-stream-loop/

Cheers
    R.

Nando13
    Participant

Yeah, I know there are the files.

But even when I’m editing these files on the theme, the activity loop won’t change!

Radu

If you have any cache plugin, empty all caches.

There are the files… but you know how to handle php and html codes

Cheers
    R.

Nando13
    Participant

Yes, I’ll try that.

I found another bug. The dark logo image is not loading on the sidemenu. I’ve tried to reupload the image and so on, but so far I got nothing.

What should I do?

Radu

This it’s happens also on our demo ?

Nando13
    Participant

By demo, you mean the demo data?

Nando13
    Participant

This is the image

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Ok, i see the screenshot, even you de-activate all plugins and child theme you have same issue ?

Cheers
    R.

Nando13
    Participant

Yes, the previous version of this theme worked fine.

I’m not using the child theme.

Radu

Tested and it works, try to de-activate all plugins and check again

Nando13
    Participant

I’ve tried to deal with the side menu logo problem by editing the “header-side.php” file under /page-parts.

The problem is that, this not only didn’t solve the issue but created another that even If I upload the original file again to the server it won’t come back.

The problem is that the side menu now won’t collapse, it’s weird, I’m sending a print.

Please, I’m pretty desperate about this issue.

Attachments:
     Nando13
    Participant

I’ve managed to fix that. But the logo error persists…

Nando13
    Participant

Weird fact: When I open the customizer, the dark logo appears, but when I close it,the logo disappears.

Attachments:
     Nando13
    Participant

Another bug, the “Exceptions” on the restrict my website plugin is not working properly.

Now I need to make an exception to 2 pages, and I can’t! I need one of those functions you’ve sent me, but you’re not responding my requests!!

This is really urgent!!

Nando13
    Participant

These are the two pages:

– /shop
    – /eventos << all the sub pages too

??

Nando13
    Participant

There’s 6 messages here and not even one answer. Is this your support???????

Radu

Hi,

As you can see in sidebar the response time it’s around 48 hours, for the logo issue, i cannot reproduce that issue on my local install and in this case you should provide to me admin credentials to take a look for the page restitution for child items I’ve added this on the improvement list and we will be fixed in future, for the moment i don’t have any quick solution

Cheers
    R.

Nando13
    Participant

Ok, but what about the exceptions functions I’m talking about?

Radu

This child restriction will be implemented in next theme update but until then replace this file : /wp-content/plugins/restrict-my-site/rms.php
    with this : http://pastebin.com/AU2nbDGe

Then all subpages of the page that it’s selected will be treated as the parent

Cheers
    R.

FeaturE2870
    Participant

hi there,

the configuration of Restrict my Page works perfect: Just the sectede Pages are available.

Our customer changed his opinion and wants to make all Posts and Projects (Custom Post Formate) public.

The interface in the Backend does not allow to select single Posts …

Is there a way to make these two post types public?

Thank you for help.
    Looking forward your feedback

Radu

Hi,

By default this option and also there is no quick solution and in this case something should be developed custom for your client requirements.

If you have some PHP knowledge you can inspire from this : https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/restrict-my-site/#post-133682

Cheers
    R.

FeaturE2870
    Participant

i will try this way and let you know

thanks
    andreas

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?