This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     Gavsta
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to restrict certain content on my website based on the user being logged in. I have added a tab and used the ‘restrict user content’ element in Visual Composer which is working fine, it doesnt display the content if i am not logged in. What i would like to do though is completely hide the tab if the user is not logged in.

We run courses via the website, for beginner up to advanced. The idea is when someone signs up for the beginner course they are not a member yet, when they have signed up and logged in to register for their course they become a member at which point i want to display the second tab to them so they can click on a follow up course.

As i say, the content restriction part is working in the sense i cant see the actual content, i just want to hide the tab and its title to none logged in members. Is there a way to do this? At the same time, is it possible to then hide the first tab when they are logged in? so they don’t see the beginner courses after they have already registered.

Thanks,

PhilB

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, have you tried Buddypress Only Plugin? That one works great for restricting pages

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Gavsta
    Participant

Hi Laura,

I did have a buddypress plugin for content managment, however i dont need to hide the full page. I just needed to hide that tab.

I found the user login module also, which works in the sense that now i can show them a message instead of no content. I have another ticket open regarding that though which i’ll reply to shortly.

With my other ticket, if i can get that working instead then i wouldn’t need to hide the content from non logged in users. I could just display a login box.

Thanks

PhilB

Laura

Hello, i understand, then we can continue at the other ticket and see what we can do to find a solution 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Gavsta
    Participant

Thanks Laura, good stuff. I’ll check the other ticket now and update on there.

PhilB

Laura

Understood 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?