This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Boblebad.

• Author
     ututorco
    Participant

Hey Everyone 🙂

I’m a little confused at the moment and would be very grateful for any help.

Currently a user will come onto my site and create an account…once this is created I was under the impression you could then restrict that user who had just created an account from accessing certain pages of my site, thus the user may want to upgrade their account.

This is where I get confused…at this current moment it seems that when I have created an account as a test user I am re directed to the memebership levels page which I have no issue with, however..that aside if I click on members > profile > and private message I am able to send a private message and view the directory altogether which I set restrictions on along with other categories in the sweetdate > buddypress settings.

I have read all the support but still am unable to figure this out so really need some help on this

Thanks for reading

Please help 🙂

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Please replace this file contents wp-content\themes\sweetdate\functions-pmpro.php with this one https://archived.seventhqueen.com/files/functions-pmpro.txt until tomorrow when 2.6 update will be released

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

ututorco
    Participant

Hi Abe,

I have managed to work around it by updating the permalink structure…

All I did was make the members account page a parent of the members page and it seemed to work, this was a suggestion in a previous thread.

Now when a logged out user or logged in without the right membership clicks on the members tab in my menu they are re directed to the homepage, could you please assist me in redirecting to a custom page of my choice.

Kindest Regards
    Kristian Harris

ututorco
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     ututorco
    Participant

Hi Abe,

The issue still persists so I will wait for the update tomorrow and see where that takes me. Will keep you posted, thanks for your help

ututorco
    Participant

Sorted it, thanks so much. Everything has fallen into place now. A pleasure working on this theme and the support is brilliant 🙂

Abe
    Keymaster

Great. Thank you very much ututorco

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Boblebad
    Participant

@ututorco can you please post your solution ?

Support forums are so much better when the solutions are presented as found 🙂

I’m having problems getting this to work, so any suggestion is useful.

ututorco
    Participant

Hi Boblebad,

I stumbled across a piece of code that was released by the keymasmasters which manipulated the member restrictions in v2.5. Since the update to v2.6 it seems that the piece of code has disappeared so I am unable to help. What version are you using?

Boblebad
    Participant

Thanks for your reply ututorco 🙂

I’m using 2.6, and my main problem at the moment is the Blog page, it seams to be out of reach no matter where i try to add restrictions.

I found this regarding the redirection to another page than Levels (functions.php):
    /*** Redirect users to another page instead of the levels page ***/
    add_filter(‘kleo_pmpro_url_redirect’, ‘my_custom_redirect’);

function my_custom_redirect() {
    return ‘http://www.domain.dk/page/’;
    }

Works like a charm 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?