This topic has 23 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by topnation.

• Author

Tagged: , ,

topnation
    Participant

I recently updated to WordPress 4.2.2 and rt media 3.7.44 and just making sure this is ok with Kleo.

At first I thought this is why there was an issue but I looked at your demo and saw the same issue. When I click the play button on a desktop after uploading audio, the media does not play (sometimes if I wait long enough, certain audio plays but I can’t stop it unless I open it up by clicking the name. When I open up the audio where you can see the audio and comments and likes, it plays and stops fine, but in the activity stream it does not.

When on mobile, it plays and stops fine in the activity, but does not when I open it up by clicking the name. I’ve attached a screen shot of my mobile. It seems the arrows get in the way of the player, and when you scroll it jumps to other media. If you look at your demo http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/groups/the-social-network/ I posted an audio track and I see the issue is in there too, so I’m pretty sure its not my update. Please let me know what I can do, the audio is a main priority for my site. Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

@abe – happens on latest kleo dev code as well. Also noticed that videos wont pause.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

@abe – If I remove the carousel code around the player using chrome dev tools, the audio file plays. Why is it even in a carousel 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Abe
    Keymaster

Indeed that is strange.. It seems that the carousel is affecting the player..

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

Fixed it 🙂
    Replace the attached files from kleo/assets/js with the ones attached until the next update

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

files got renamed on upload. It should be app.js and app.min.js

---

topnation
    Participant

@abe I’m a new to WP and Kleo. Can you please walk me through how to get in there and attached the files. Many Thanks!

sharmstr

FTP theme to your server. Put them in /themes/kleo/assets/js

sharmstr

@abe. Thank you 🙂

Abe
    Keymaster

thanks @sharmstr

---

topnation
    Participant

Thank you, it plays on the desktop now which was the main thing, but it won’t let you scroll to a certain point of the audio, where on a mobile device it does.

When you open in lightbox on a mobile device, the audio still does not play. You should also test on mobile. When you have selected the audio and scroll on a mobile in lightbox it jumps to a photo or another post, instead of letting you scroll and read comments in lightbox. The screen shot below is my mobile device and how I can not play the audio in lightbox on mobile. The left and right arrows seem to be blocking the play button. There were a few other things I noticed as well, but they were minor.

Attachments:
     sharmstr

I’m able to scroll to a certain point, no problem.

I’m not able to even see the audio player in lightbox on mobile. @abe, I’m on android.

topnation
    Participant

@sharmstr Thank you for the response, are you able to scroll on a desktop? Thats where I can not scroll to a certain point on the audio, even if I click far ahead on the audio at a certain point on the desktop. And yes, it doesn’t play on a mobile device. I’m on the iphone 5s and 6 for mobile.

sharmstr
    This reply has been set as private.
     topnation
    Participant
     topnation
    Participant
     sharmstr

I’m not actively troubleshooting the code on this. @abe is. Plus, I dont own a mac.

Also, lets stay on topic here. Please open a separate topic for your other issue. thanks 🙂

Abe
    Keymaster

it looks like you haven’t applied my fix and this is the page I am referring to
    http://www.beatgrade.com/members/admin/

---

topnation
    Participant

@abe its strange that the other pages upgraded on their own. I’m not a coder so if you could give a little more detail on how to get into FTP Theme that would be great. Would this be through the Cpanel, I’m hosted through godaddy. Also the site is under construction so if you could put links in private messages that would be great, I’ve gotten some spam emails already regarding my site. And does this “fix” fix on the mobile as well? We both said we are still not able to play on mobile.

topnation
    Participant

@abe Ok, figured out how to get in there, I’m at kleo/assets/js, I just need a little assistance with getting the files from here into there, when I click on the file it does not download, I tried copy and paste. I’m not sure how to “put them in there” maybe I should just give you the credentials.

topnation
    Participant

Ok I figured it out, it wasn’t simple for a beginner, but Thanks.
    Although still not able to play on a mobile device in lightbox.

topnation
    Participant

@abe I just want to say your work with this theme is truly awesome and Thank you.

I would like to know is there any fix or update to the audio/video not playing on a mobile device (in lightbox). I believe this is really important for the theme, considering studies show that over 70% of users are on a mobile device and not desktops when viewing a site. And sharmstr is correct that when I checked on a LG Android the player does not even show in lightbox.

Can you please let me know how we can resolve this issue.

Thanks

Abe
    Keymaster

thanks @topnation
    see how it works with the new rtmedia 3.8.1

---

topnation
    Participant

Hi Thanks, it still doesn’t play in lightbox on a mobile but at least you can see the comments now. I guess I’ll check back on this at a later date there are some other issues I need to tackle with the theme for now.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?