This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     nikb
    Participant

Hi there

I’m just figuring out how to add rtMedia to the site and wonder if you can possibly explain what is meant by –

“Global albums can be used to define preset albums. “Wall Posts” is an example of global album.”

I tried selecting “Merge Albums” and got the option to merge to wall posts, which as far as I can see, simply changed the name of the album to “Wall Posts” but no idea what implications this has 😉

With many thanks for any enlightenment.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us about global albums. Global albums allows you to create albums before a user is registered. For example you can create an album titled ‘Selfies’ and another titled ‘My Pets’, this means when X user signs up they will already have albums within their profile called Wall Posts, Selfies and My Pets.

Merging albums works when you have two or more albums with media in them. You can merge X into Y or Y into X, this is useful for the user to reorganize their media if they are so inclined. They can move their ‘January 2016’ holiday photos into ‘My Holidays’ or any other combinations.

Hope this helps, if you need more clarification please let me know and I’ll be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

nikb
    Participant

Thank you Kieran and that makes more sense than when I read the documentation from rtMedia. It’s a shame it seems it’s not possible to change the name of the default album without paying for an additional plug-in (as I don’t personally feel “Wall Posts” is very intuitive) but hey… that’s an issue with rtMedia and nothing to do with your theme 😉

Kieran_SQ

You’re welcome, glad I could assist with the information. Sorry I couldn’t help with changing the way their base plugin works with regards to the default album, if I could, I would.

Feel free to open a new ticket any time and we will be happy to assist with any other questions you may have. Also, if you haven’t already done so please consider leaving KLEO / support received a review on ThemeForest, every review really does help us – https://themeforest.net/item/kleo-pro-community-focused-multipurpose-buddypress-theme/reviews/6776630.

All the best,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?