This topic has 13 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     darunia77
    Participant

Hello again 🙂

I was made aware by a member on my website, that the site wall submit button stopped working few days ago. You can post a public message from your own profile to the wall, but you can’t post a public message from the wall itself or you can’t post to the group wall.

I have narrowed it down to rtMedia as it was updated around the same time. Button started working after I reverted back to version 4.4.8. Also, when I disabled rtMedia plugin, the submit button completely disappeared from the wall. (see screenshot)

I have reached out to rtMedia directly and they say they tested it and it works fine with the wall so I think there might be a Kleo bug in there since this plugin is part of your set. Can you please check it out? I am now still on 4.4.8 until this is fixed. Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

darunia77
    Participant

Thanks Laura.

Radu

Hi,

On my end i’m able to post, submit button works as it should, can you please provide an account to can see it live ?

Did you have any js error on the page ? while logged in

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     darunia77
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi at this moment it looks like that (rtmedia enabled)

and with rtmedia disabled

In both cases i was able to see the button when i click on the text area… also on both cases there are some js errors from addthis https://s7.addthis.com/static/sh.e4e8af4de595fdb10ec1459d.html

In conclusion it works to post and the button appears on both cases.

Furher if the bug still happens for you please do a screenrecort 1-2 minute and show me exactly how that can be reproduced exactly.

Cheers
    R

darunia77
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Thanks for checking. Addthis was indeed causing the problem with posting. I have unistalled it for now.

However, you were looking at the wrong activity page anyway. The main activity page is https://greenteacoffeedate.com/activity/ not https://greenteacoffeedate.com/members/greent64/activity/. The profile one worked, the main one didn’t. Now they both work with Addthis removed.

So the problem is resolved temporarily, however, just so you know when I uninstalled rtmedia and Addthis, it still removes the button from activity page and groups activity page so you can’t post if you remove rtmedia. See screenshot.

Attachments:
     Radu

Hi,

Not sure exactly whyyyy but if you will add this css, it will stay how it’s with rtmedia active.

COPY CODE

#buddypress #whats-new-options {
        height: auto !important;
    }

Cheers
    R

darunia77
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Thanks for the code.

I’m sorry but the activity post button is not working again. I don’t have a sharing plugin anymore though. Could please log in again and take a look – and make sure that you are in Activity page and not my profile when you test. I can still post from profile.

Radu

YEs i see, it may be somehow related to changes that you had made in child ?!
    Yesterdaw was working what did you had done in + from yesterday ?

Cannot see this bug on demo.

Switch your customizations off to can see if its caused by that.

Tried new woraround and debug but cannot fid what make that.

Cheers
    R

darunia77
    Participant

Hi Radu,

I apologize I didn’t respond for a long time – I had a lot of travels this summer and didn’t have a chance to look into this issue.

I finally figured out what’s causing my Post Update button on site activity page not work. For some reason, the latest few updates of RT media are causing the activity button to be disabled. I looked at the button on my Chrome developer tools and upon testing RT Media versions, I can see that the update since 4.5.0 is specifically disabling the “Post Update” button.(see screenshot) So I know the problem but don’t know where in code I would enable it back. Can you please advise? Thank you.

Daria

Attachments:
     Radu

Not sure since that comes from the rtmedia core… did you encounter the same using default wp theme ? if yes we cannot change their code.

Cheers
    R

darunia77
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Thanks, I will check it with the RT media about it.

Daria

Radu

Hi,ok
    Chers
    R

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?