This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     nikb
    Participant

Hi there

I’ve renamed the rtMedia menu tab from “Media” to “Photos” using the code below –

buddypress()->members->nav->edit_nav( array( ‘name’ => __( ‘Photos’, ‘textdomain’ ) ), ‘media’ );

This works fine EXCEPT that the media count is no longer visible.

See attachments showing menu before change (ie. Media shows count) and after change (ie. Photos does not show count).

Any suggestions on how I can overcome this please as my users can only upload Photos and therefore showing the word “Media” is confusing.

With very many thanks in advance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us about translating specific strings. The string you’re translating contains a placeholder which generates the number value. To successfully translate this and other dynamic tabs in the BuddyPress members profile you will need to install a plugin called Loco Translate and translate your language files for rtMedia and BuddyPress.

Once installed select your language, then go to the plugins menu item in Loco translate and translate the rtMedia string by searching for ‘Media’.

You can see more detailed information in this by reading this support article https://archived.seventhqueen.com/general/article/how-to-translate-or-change-words-from-any-theme-plugin

You can find this plugin for free in the WordPress.org repository by going to WP Admin > Plugins > Add New > Search: ‘Loco Translate’.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?