This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     Holmey
    Participant

Hi,

After having to start again on http://www.coffeeshoprx.com now I’m having problems with uploading and displaying images, plus when you click on the media link in a profile it is showing a 404 error.

It will allow images to be uploaded through Album/My Pictures/upload picture, but they do not show on the activity page and it will not allow uploading images, video’s or sound tracks through there either, it showing them as uploading, but when it shows as uploaded, all you can see is the comment on the image and no image, (with when you check the folders, the image not being there).

I’ve gone through everything I can think of here, spent about 6 hours so far trying to sort it, can anybody please suggest whet the problem may be?

Holmey

Holmey
    Participant

Just to confirm, I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling both RTMedia & Buddypress and it is still the same and tried deactivating all the other plugins too and it is still the same, so it doesn’t look like a plugin conflict.

Holmey
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Holmey
    Participant

Getting really fed up with this, not what I expect from a “premium” theme, with me now being locked out of admin, (getting a blank page), and I have updated the theme to the latest version, (via FTP) πŸ™

Can somebody please tell me what is going on here, I have wasted so much time on this that it seems to me it is getting to be not worth bothering with, that the whole theme is broken πŸ™

sharmstr

I’m a kleo person, but I can tell you the 404 errors is common for rtMedia. So much so that they even have a whole page dedicated to it: http://docs.rtcamp.com/rtmedia/troubleshooting/solve-404-page-not-found-error-media-tab-buddypress.html

Resaving your permalinks should solve your BP 404 page errors as well.

Again, not a sweetdate person, but common issues after updates are caused by server caching. If you have any caching in place, a CDN or your hosting company caches the site, see about clearing it.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Holmey
    Participant

It is not server caching and I can’t even now get into the site admin to do anything with the permalinks, (with this being a problem they are aware of), with the update that they have said will fix it not having fixed it either.

I’m fuming here, I must have wasted at least 30/35 hours on this and other similar problems, (which I even tried a full reinstall to sort), 30/35 hours that I shouldn’t have had to waste and will not get back πŸ™

sharmstr

I understand your frustration. Do you want me to continue offering advice or should I mind my own business? Again, I’m not a sweetdate person, but I’m pretty familiar with this stuff.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Holmey
    Participant

Sorry, my last post wasn’t aimed at you Sharmster, with me having problems with Sweetdate for almost 3 weeks now and support here not being that helpful, certainly not what you expect from a premuim product, (I’ve got better support on free themes & plugins), and me being fed up of wasting my time, (30/35 hours now, hours that I am not going to get paid for or get back, that’s almost a weeks work), trying to solve problems that I should not be having, problems that are down to what is clearly a broken theme that I have paid for, enough to annoy anybody πŸ™

Laura

Hello, i’m really sorry and understand your frustration, as sharmstr said, this is a common issue in rtmedia, if changing permalinks doesnt solve your issue, you could share admin credentials so i can check it out for you.

EDIT: Just saw the credentials, will check it out now

EDIT2: Credentials doesnt work

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happyΒ to help you πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?