This topic has 24 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Radu.

• Author
     myworldconnection
    Participant

Hi There

Probably this question has already been asked many times and maybe you already have a ready solution

1 comment = 2 entries in activity + 2 notifications

Screenshot from the sweet-date demo on envato: http://prntscr.com/g1vdvz

This can be fixed so that there are only one

Thank You.

Kieran_SQ

Hi @myworldconnection,

Please try the following:

Go to admin panel rtMedia > Settings > BuddyPress > Heading: “Integration with BuddyPress features > Toggle: “Create activity for media comments” set to off.

Let me know if that resolves your issue or not

Thanks,

Kieran.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

myworldconnection
    Participant

Turned off: Enable media notification & Create activity for media comments helps.
    I was looking for a more difficult solution 🙂

Thank You!

myworldconnection
    Participant

Hi,

if rtmedia option “Create activity for media comments” is on creates duplicates,
    Is there an option not to show the highlighted message?
    http://prntscr.com/g4od05

+ 1 more problem, Maybe you’ve already met such a bug
    now active sweet-date theme (not child)
    duplicate navigation when click on rtmedia content on activity stream (logged out)
    http://nimb.ws/MDlENL
    Help me please fix this

Thanks in advance,
    Igor S.

Kieran_SQ

Hi Igor,

To customize the Activity Loop you will need to be using the child theme and follow the tutorial posted by Sarah Gooding of WPMUdev which can be found here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-customize-the-buddypress-activity-loop/.

With regards to the menu error, I have never seen anything like that before, can you please deactivate all plugins, clear all caches, purge anything like CloudFlare and MaxCDN and see if any of those are the cause. If the error stops after purging everything else then please activate your plugins one by one until you find the culprit.

Please let me know the outcome of the above test,

Thanks,

Kieran.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

myworldconnection
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     myworldconnection
    Participant

Anyone – works
    Logged in – works
    Group Members – not
    My Friends – works
    My Followers – works
    My Followers in group – not
    My Friends in group – not
    Group Moderators – not
    Group Admins – not

Only Me – works

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

This plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-activity-privacy/ has not been updated for 2 years, but it used to be good, worth trying on a staging or local install first. You will need to disable rtMedia’s privacy option before installing.

If you wish to stick with rtMedia’s privacy option you will need to contact them directly about the issues you’re experiencing as we cannot fix third party plugins. You can reach them here https://rtmedia.io/support/.

Kieran.

myworldconnection
    Participant

> > To customize the Activity Loop you will need to be using the child theme and follow the tutorial posted by Sarah Gooding….
    Here only general recommendations as in the BP codex, It is unclear what exactly to filter – this is a of the bp-media comment, I think

I use child theme for sweet-date. I think to customize member profile activity I must edit /sweetdate-child/members/single/activity-wall.php
    Please, could you tell what I need to add to filter out the duplicated comments from there.

I created clone for testing: https://woocommerce-101022-307666.cloudwaysapps.com/members/businessowner/
    1st comment need to be deleted “businessowner posted a new activity comment an hour ago· Comment #20”

Best Regards,
    Igor S.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Sorry if I misunderstood, I thought you wanted to remove a specific type of activity from being recorded completely.

If the issue is that rtMedia is still recording duplicates of activity you will have to reach out to their support team to seek a fix for the issue as it is being generated by their plugin. You can contact them here: https://rtmedia.io/support/.

Kieran.

myworldconnection
    Participant

I want to rtmedia comment – live
    duplicated buddypress comment – delete from activity
    ok, I will search

myworldconnection
    Participant

Me:
    duplicate navigation when click on rtmedia content on activity stream (logged out)
    http://nimb.ws/MDlENL
    Help me please fix this

Support:
    can you please deactivate all plugins, clear all caches, purge anything like CloudFlare and MaxCDN and see if any of those are the cause. If the error stops after purging everything else then please activate your plugins one by one until you find the culprit.

All plugins was deactivated except Buddypress, PMPro, rtMedia
    Active Theme: Sweetdate instead Child

But steel have an error with navigation: dev site (1st picture in stream)
    https://woocommerce-101022-307666.cloudwaysapps.com/members/businessowner/

And the error is not pleasant – repeating this 2-3 times without reload the page you can send the server to offline and overload the user’s PC.

Regards,
    Igor S.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I’m going to ask my colleague @Radu to look into this for you. They’ll be in touch soon.

Thanks,

Kieran.

myworldconnection
    Participant

Thank You Kieran 🙂

Radu

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply,

Please let me know the unsolved problems, from what I notice the duplicated menu and the privacy isn’t solved, for the privacy settings follow this screenshot markes, doing this there should be enough to can have privacy control for the posts.

Let me know in a small summary the problems and the wp admin credentials and FTP (maybe I will need those for the duplicated navigation)

Cheers
    R.

myworldconnection
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi,

So there is no more posting duplicating

For duplicating the main menu use this small CSS fix

COPY CODE

nav.top-bar section { display: none ;}
    nav.top-bar section:first-of-type {display:initial !important;}

Wp-admin -> theme options -> Styling Options -> Quick css

Let me know how can I help you further

Cheers
    R.

myworldconnection
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Many thanks for taking the time, but Quick css fix Can be used as a temporary solution,

If you look at the browser console this problem is more serious and progresses arithmetically if you stay on this page – repeating this 2-3 times without reload the page you can send the server to offline and overload the user’s PC.

Best Regards,
    Igor S.

myworldconnection
    Participant

Hi Radu,
    This Quick css fix Kills mobile navigation 🙁
    Regards,
    Igor S.

Radu

Hi,

Use this temporary solution until we find a better solution,

COPY CODE

@media(min-width:940px) {
    }

just replace the css with this one, since that rule will be applied only to desktop.

Anyway, if a user will pick a membership from that page all will be ok no duplicated menu.

Cheers
    R.

myworldconnection
    Participant

Thank You Radu, While I did so.
    Regards,
    Igor S.

myworldconnection
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Maybe this will help in finding the cause and eliminating – Compatibility match ring duplicates too: http://prntscr.com/gam1rn

Regards,
    Igor S.

Radu

Hi,

No problem,

Add also this CSS to fix duplicating the compatibility circle

COPY CODE

body.buddypress div#profile .five.columns:first-child .circular-item {
        display: none;
    }
    body.buddypress div#profile .five.columns:first-child .circular-item:first-child {
        display: block;
    }

Cheers
    R.

myworldconnection
    Participant

Thank You Radu,
    Have any idea why this is happening?
    Regards,
    Igor S.

Radu

Hi,

I don’t have any idea,

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?