This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by SQadmin.

• Author
     TC3
    Participant

Hi there,
    Thanks for creating a really fantastic theme. I’m using rtMedia 3.1.1 for images, and have a couple of questions.

First, I’ve got photos from rtMedia displaying along the top, as well as in the albums. I’ve noticed that the top image display does not respect the privacy settings for rtMedia images. If an image is marked as private, it will still display on the profile lightbox thumbs at the top, but will (correctly) not display in the album gallery.

I’m wondering if there is a way to have the top display check the correct privacy settings per image? Also, is there any way to limit the number of images displayed along the top?

Also, I’ve used code you’ve provided in this forum to have the “My Photos” tab display as default on the profile page, but I’ve noticed that the top thumbs do not always load initially. Sometimes you have to click another tab, then click back for the images to appear. Any suggestions on a way to force them to load when the profile page loads?

Thanks again.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    We did some test and privacy seems to be working fine. For example we set an image to be private and then logged out and went to that profile and the image doesn’t appear.
    Maybe you have some caching plugin.. just a thought

You can change the limit. We added a filter there: apply_filters(‘kleo_rtmedia_photo_limit’,100);
    You can change it by adding a code like this to sweetdate-child/functions.php:

COPY CODE

add_filter('kleo_rtmedia_photo_limit','kleo_rtmedia_limit');
    function kleo_rtmedia_limit() {
    return 20; 
    }

We did some tests to check the images that aren’t loading. How did you made the image tab to be the first? You should followed this topic https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/how-to-add-more-tabs-next-to-the-profile-image and moved the images tab first like this:

COPY CODE

add_action('after_setup_theme','kleo_my_custom_tabs');
    function kleo_my_custom_tabs()
    {
        global $bp_tabs;
        $bp_tabs = array();

/* rtMedia tab - only if plugin installed */
        if (class_exists('RTMedia'))
        {
            $bp_tabs['rtmedia'] = array(
                    'type' => 'rt_media',
                    'name' => __('My work', 'kleo_framework'),
                    'class' => 'mySlider'
            );
        }

/* Bp-Album tab - only if plugin installed */
        elseif (function_exists('bpa_init')) {
            $bp_tabs['bp-album'] = array(
                    'type' => 'bp_album',
                    'name' => __('My photos', 'kleo_framework'),
                    'class' => 'mySlider'
            );
        }

$bp_tabs['looking-for'] = array(
                'type' => 'cite',
                'name' =>  __('Looking for', 'kleo_framework'),
                'group' => 'Looking for',
                'class' => 'citetab'
        );

$bp_tabs['base'] = array(
                'type' => 'regular',
                'name' => __('About me', 'kleo_framework'),
                'group' => 'Base',
                'class' => 'regulartab'
        );

$bp_tabs['social'] = array(
                'type' => 'regular',
                'name' => __('Social', 'kleo_framework'),
                'class' => 'regulartab'
        );
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     TC3
    Participant

Hi there,

Thanks for the quick response. My functions.php file is as below, which I believe is essentially the same, but I’ll replace it with the exact code you’ve provided.

Thank your for the code for limiting the images.

Regarding the security settings, I did not check with a logged out user, but I was checking with a second registered user account, where the registered user could still see the other user’s image that was set to “private” only in the lightbox thumbs. I will check this again, and check with logged out users as well. I should point out that I’m not using any caching plugins, this is a clean WP installation with Sweetdate, and a few other plugins.

Also, slightly off topic – I’m wondering how difficult it would be to integrate buddydev’s bp gallery into this theme in the same way you’ve integrated rtMedia with lightbox thumbs at the top?
    http://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-gallery/

It is a premium plugin, and the initial bp gallery page layout with your theme (and many other BP/WP themes) is not very good compared to rtMedia 3.1.1 (latest rtMedia has issues also which you’ve noted elsewhere).

However, at the core, buddydev bp gallery has some features that no other BP image plugin has, namely drag and drop jquery image sorting for galleries. I know rtMedia Pro has this on the possible future features list, but it’s essential for any community where images/photos play a central part, as people like to pick which images appear first (or change them up), and in this case, first on the lightbox thumbs.

I think Buddydev’s gallery plugin is probably the best out there right now, so I thought I’d make the suggestion. A really good integrated gallery is the one thing BuddyPress is lacking compared to something like Jomsocial or Drupal (using views, etc.). My background is with Drupal since version 5, but I’m doing a lot more work with WordPress now, and I have not seen a better BP integrated theme than yours. Integration with Buddydev BP Gallery would make it near perfect.

Thanks again for your reply, I’ll change out the functions.php code and do some more testing.

———

add_action(‘after_setup_theme’,’kleo_my_actions’);

function kleo_my_actions()
    {
    global $bp_tabs;
    $bp_tabs = array();

/* rtMedia tab – only if plugin installed */
    if (class_exists(‘RTMedia’))
    {
    $bp_tabs[‘rtmedia’] = array(
    ‘type’ => ‘rt_media’,
    ‘name’ => __(‘My photos’, ‘kleo_framework’),
    ‘class’ => ‘mySlider’
    );
    }
    /* Bp-Album tab – only if plugin installed */
    elseif (function_exists(‘bpa_init’) AND sq_option(‘bp_album’, 1) == 1)
    {
    $bp_tabs[‘bp-album’] = array(
    ‘type’ => ‘bp_album’,
    ‘name’ => __(‘My photos’, ‘kleo_framework’),
    ‘class’ => ‘mySlider’
    );
    }

$bp_tabs[‘base’] = array(
    ‘type’ => ‘regular’,
    ‘name’ => apply_filters(‘kleo_extra_tab2’,__(‘About me’, ‘kleo_framework’)),
    ‘group’ => ‘Base’,
    ‘class’ => ‘regulartab’
    );

$bp_tabs[‘looking-for’] = array(
    ‘type’ => ‘cite’,
    ‘name’ => apply_filters(‘kleo_extra_tab1’, __(‘Looking for’, ‘kleo_framework’)),
    ‘group’ => apply_filters(‘kleo_extra_tab1’, ‘Looking for’),
    ‘class’ => ‘citetab’
    );

}

TC3
    Participant

Just to confirm,
    Images set to “private” or “friends” are viewable in the top lightbox thumbs by any logged in user, regardless of friend connection. They are not viewable if you are not logged in as a user. The main rtMedia galleries/photos respect these privacy settings regardless of logged in status.

Image limit code works great. I’m still looking at the thumbs issue when the top photos tab is first by default. This is still an issue for me, even with the code you’ve provided, but I’ll keep testing it.

Thanks again.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, Indeed that was a problem with privacy. We fixed it and will be included in this week update v2.2
    Thanks for noticing.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?