This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by giorgos.

• Author
     giorgos
    Participant

I have decided to reinstall rtmedia. It has always worked fine. Till now.

I’m on the latest Kleo release.

Buddypress rtmedia tab is giving a 404
    rtmedia settings are not saved.
    upload is not working, etc..

I have moved all plugins out of the way , deactivated / deleted rtmedia, deleted its db tables and wp options rtmedia references , but nothing changes. I’m clueless

Any idea how to have rtmedia back in business

sharmstr

Probably the number 1 support topic on rtMedia site. WP Admin > Settings > Permalinks > Click save.

http://docs.rtcamp.com/rtmedia/troubleshooting/solve-404-page-not-found-error-media-tab-buddypress/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

giorgos
    Participant

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I also tried the permalinks solution a couple of times. it didn’t help either

sharmstr

Did it work with one of the WP theme enabled? If not, ask over on rtMedia site.

I will say I had a similar issue once and it was a plugin conflict.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

giorgos
    Participant

Thanks. I asked rtmedia and awaiting response. weird, as I have a test site with the same setup and there it works fine. Settings are saved.
    I dont think is a plugin as the test site has the same plugins and versions and works fine. Also I have deactivated all plugins but BP and rtmedia and stil unable to save settings.

giorgos
    Participant

I found the issue. Super cache option (use object cache to store cached files) in combination with memcached.
    Deactivated this option, a couple of php/apache/memcached daemon restarts, cleanup of memcached files, and rtmedia works fine again.

netweavers
    Participant

Giorgos I have the same problem. I was using super cache plugin.
    Could you please describe how exactly did You make it working again?
    How did you clean up memcached files?

Media tab shows me 404 error and upload doesn’t work. 🙁

giorgos
    Participant

1. First of all the miraculous – WP Admin > Settings > Permalinks > Click save.

2. Then I cleaned up memcached on my server. ” echo ‘flush_all’ | nc localhost 11211″ Might of course be a plugin to do the same

3. I deselected the option on super cache “Use object cache to store cached files. (Experimental) DO NOT CACHE PAGE secret key:”

And then it worked again. Sorry I can’t remember any other action I performed that might be helpful to you.

netweavers
    Participant

what caching WordPress plugin do you use? I cant find option ‘Use object cache to store cached files. (Experimental) DO NOT CACHE PAGE secret key:” in WP Super Cache plugin. Still my rtmedia does not work properly… Any idea?

giorgos
    Participant

I use super cache with the mod rewrite option.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?