This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by kokua.hawaii.

• Author
     ututorco
    Participant

Issue is that the search bar in the message compose section of the users profile is not returning any users when composing from scratch which is a shame…

Any ideas guys as we are pretty stuck?

To clarify the ajax search bar gives us results on the homepage but not in the members profile > compose message section. When using the call to action ‘sending private message’ it shows the user which is great just the niggling issue

thanks 😀

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, That will autocomplete just friends if I am not wrong and it is Buddypress way of handling it.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

kokua.hawaii
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having the same issue with the compose message page. The autocomplete does not work for the “Send To” field. However, just as an experiment, I switched the theme to “Twenty Fourteen” and the autocomplete worked. Could this be a theme issue or a BuddyPress issue? I’m using WordPress 3.9 with BuddyPress 2.0.1 (Friend Connections module disabled) and Sweetdate 2.6.1.

I can work with PHP but have no idea where to look. Maybe you can help point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Abe
    Keymaster

As far as I know, the autocomplete will work only from your friend connections so if you have that disabled, you will probably won’t have an autocomplete.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

kokua.hawaii
    Participant

I see. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Search Bar in the Compose Message section not showing results’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?