This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by nolls.

• Author
     pssawhney
    Participant

I use the Kleo template and when I do a search on my username or email address the search engine shows results lined to my site.

Problem is that my site is too users private and not have the search engine provide results to it.

Is there a way I can disable search engines from not showing results of our users emails or profiles?

sharmstr

Kleo doesnt have anything to do with this. Have you enabled ‘Discourage search engines from indexing this site’ in WP Admin > Settings > Reading?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

pssawhney
    Participant

Thanks

I will take a look at the settings, but I still want to be indexed I just don’t want people to enter their emails in and find themselves on the search engine.

sharmstr

Again, Kleo has nothing to do with that. Perhaps ask on the buddypress forum. You can also google for a solution which would entail creating a site index that search engines can use which would exclude the members profiles.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

nolls
    Participant

Like sharmstr told you, this is not a themebug, search in plugins “private buddypress”.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?