This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     Billigan
    Participant

I can’t find where to set the action for the legacy homepage search form. Can you please tell me where to do that?

Currently, I click the button and it just refreshes the page. I need it to actually perform a search.

Thank you

Billigan
    Participant

I have the search working but when they click the search button if they are not registered then I want to0 redirect to register form on the register page. I guess I am trying to change the Directory (Results Page) to a custom page that I can put a registration form on. But only for unregistered or at least not logged in visitors.

Also I can’t find get rid of the “Please select your country” label. I found it in the custom_buddypress/bp-functions file and removed it, but it is still there. Where else is it? A directory search shows it only in that file…

Billigan
    Participant

Sorry, another issue I ran into; the registration form I have on the homepage is disappearing on mobile. In Elementor I have it to show on mobile but that is getting overwritten somewhere. Any idea why that is?

Radu

Hi,

You can restrict the directory, or directory results for non-members or for certain membership levels.

Where you see this sentence in front end ? “Please select your country” screenshot+link

For the latest quesiton, i’ve notice that there are actually two form calls

The second one missing, i think it’s because it’s the imported one and it pulls the non-exiting one, and a possibility for not displaying the form based on login state its maybe becase when you are logged in there should be shwn the search form and when you are guest the register one.

You can take a look here at the sweetdate 3.0 install demo to be more familiarized with the setup : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26_Oi-ZKIaA

If you cannot handle this pleas eprovide wp admin credentials, to make the homeform behaviour like in the demo having two forms one for guest one for logged in.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Laura

Hello, can you share admin access so I can check some of those issues?
    About the fields, you can edit and change them at Users – profile fields and search form fields at Users – profile search

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Billigan
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi,

I had imported a new page for you behaving exactly how you need, for guest users the register it’s shown and for the logged in users the search displayed.

Page here : https://eyedriverdesign.com/heathentest/new-import-test/

It behave as you need

Cheers
    R

Billigan
    Participant

I appreciate your effort, however, I am asking for a different solution.
    1. A search form on the main page regardless of logged in or not.
    2. If not logged-in, the search form submit button click redirects to a page with a registration form.
    3. If logged-in search submit button click redirects to members page or profile page, as in it behaves as you have it, the default behavior.

I want the people who are not members/logged-in to see and fill out and click submit on the search form but then be redirected to a registration form before they continue. Thank you

Radu

Hi,

1. You will need to edit the page with ELEMENTOR and simply for the element profile search set visibility ALL

2. When you will press search on this page from example where the setting it’s like in the screenshot above : https://eyedriverdesign.com/heathentest/elementor-1518/ you will be redirected to the pmpro level page.

So to cann make registration possible in this case you will need to enable “Allow buddypress registration on pmpro checkout page” i think you already you have it , user picks a level then it’s asked to register.

To make the buutton to drive directly to /register page when non logged in implies php files modification or similar file changes modifications where those are not covered by the initial theme support.

3. It will use default logic, by searching if logged in user press search, the results will be shown.

Cheers
    R

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?