This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Radu.

• Author
     jerryw1976
    Participant

Hi. When I use both search forms (the one that drops down and the widget) the results page does not load, it just redirects back to the homepage.  I have spent days looking at this and cannot figure it out. Everything is updated to the latest versions.

Could you please help me figure this out?

Laura

Hello, at Settings > Permalinks make sure its set to Post name, and save
    Does it help?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

jerryw1976
    Participant

If I change my permalinks, which are now set up with month/day/year for our blog, won’t that hurt my SEO and 404 errors?

Laura

Hello, that wont create any 404 error and post name is better for SEO 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

jerryw1976
    Participant

Ok, I tried that and cleared browser cache but still did not work. Other suggestions?
    Thanks,

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Radu

Hi,

I don’t understand exactly how this can be reproduced, can you please make a video using a browser extension for screen record ? to can be accurate with the answer ?

Cheers
    R.

jerryw1976
    Participant

Hi. If you try and search on my site, understandingmyositis.org you will see how it redirects. I appreciate your help.

Radu

The search it’s working on your site but when you press enter the same index page it’s displayed, did you have made changes in child theme ?

Try to de-activate child theme to test the behaviour of the search.

Let me know

Cheers
    R

jerryw1976
    Participant

I will try that. I should also mention that when I save a draft of a blog post and then try to preview it, it also redirects to the home page.

jerryw1976
    Participant

I looked at the kleo child theme. The only thing I did there was add a function to allow excerpts on pages. Still not working.

jerryw1976
    Participant

I got it to work. I had added Google Tag Manager to the header.php file and once I removed it, now it works. Thank you for all of your help!

Radu

Great

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?