This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Radu.

• Author

Tagged: 

getmebrian
    Participant

Hello. I have done some testing on the three different types of search functionality in KLEO. I think I came across a minor miscommunication. Under Theme Options > Header Options > Search Context, it says: Leave unchecked to search in all content, otherwise check the content you want to appear in the search.

This is incorrect. If you leave this field blank, it will not properly search forums, groups or anything else outside the normal WordPress paradigm. I tested this multiple times using different forums posts, regular posts, etc… and no forum results or groups will appear if they are not manually selected here.

The next issue I found is that the AJAX search brings up what it should (in my case, it showed a result in posts, groups and forums), but when you click “enter” to do a full search and come to the results page, the results only showed the WordPress post result. If I try to search again on this page, it no longer shows the group or forum result. In other words, the search bar/functionality on the results page is not the same search bar/functionality that takes you to the results page. See two screenshots (1. Searching and 2. Search Results) to see what I mean.

Finally, is there any way to have the search functionality search through the all the “content” of the forum topics? Currently, it seems to only look at the forum topic topic headline, forum name, group name, posts and pages. I did read your guide on replacing with Google Search, but as you probably know Google is removing the paid service and forcing users to show their adds (which most professional websites will not be willing to do.) I looked at WPSolr, but am afraid of breaking the theme if I add it and try and replace the built-in search.

Thanks for your time and advice!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I will refer your ticket to a developer for review. They’ll be in touch as soon as they can, Monday to Friday, East European Time.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Radu

Hi,

The live search it’s completely separated by the default wp result search page, so they are different there is no easy way to make the global search results to look like ajax search result.

Our ajax search search in all available CPT’s that are repopulated there or in any custom post type.

IF the search isn’t made on certain CTP try to add them from drapdown, instead to leave empty add all.

In the below screenshot it’s shown that the search looks also in the topics

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     getmebrian
    Participant

Thanks Radu. Is it possible to have the KLEO search results appear on a page with a KLEO search bar? Instead of the default WP search bar? If someone wants to search again, I don’t want them getting the “dumber” search option… but instead I want them getting the much better KLEO search bar to use.

Brian

Radu

Hi,

Just add this function to wp-content/themes/kleo-child/functions.php

COPY CODE

/*Check if the function run already. */
    if(!function_exists('sq_kleo_ajax_search_on_default_search')) {
        /*Add kleo_search_form top default search page wordpress only when k-elements plugin it's activated*/
        function sq_kleo_ajax_search_on_default_search()
        {   /* Check if K-elements plugin it-s activated. */
            if (defined('K_ELEM_PLUGIN_FILE')) {
                if (is_search()) {
                    echo '<div class="sq-kleo-ajax-seach-page container" style="padding-bottom:20px">';
                    echo do_shortcode('[kleo_search_form placeholder="Search here.."]');
                    echo '</div>';
                }
            }
        }
        add_action('kleo_before_main_content', 'sq_kleo_ajax_search_on_default_search');
    }

We will include this in next theme update, it’s a very good idea to show the search all time on the default wp search page.

NOTE : Child theme needs to be installed and activated

Cheers
    R

getmebrian
    Participant

Thank you. That is a big step in the right direction. Is there a way to have the search results page show the full search results (outside of the AJAX drop-down results)? In other words, when I search for “matrix” it shows a post and a forum in the AJAX drop-down results, but if I hit “enter” it returns a page that only shows the post… the forum match is not shown.

Screenshot attached.

Thanks!

Brian

Attachments:
     Radu

No,
    There is no possible, we will take that into consideration in future.
    Cheers
    R

getmebrian
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Thanks for taking this into consideration for future builds. Unfortunately, I can’t wait for future builds. The theme becomes not usable for me if we can’t find a fix for this soon. The KLEO theme is sold as a community (BuddyPress/ bbpress) theme with strong search functionality. But the reality is that the search functionality is only half working. The AJAX search results are good, but when you either hit “enter” on your search term OR if you click “View All Results”, it all falls apart.

If you look at the screenshot attached called “Searching”, you will see that I have entered “shoulders” as the search term and that one of the results under “Body” is “Shoulders” and below that it says “View All Results”. When you click “View All Results”, you arrive at a page that shows only the post called “All about shoulders”. The portfolio page called “Shoulders” which was shown right above it in the AJAX results is nowhere to be found. Nor are any forum pages.

So when you click “View All Results”, you only get to see the results that the basic WP Search finds… and not the results from KLEO search. That breaks the site and devalues the theme for community-based sites dependent on strong search functionality.

Can we find a way to fix this? If the search results page could present the findings from the KLEO search instead of the WP search, all would be fixed.

Thanks – we’ve put dozens of hours into this theme so far and really want to move forward with it.

Brian

Attachments:
     MDJWvince
    Participant

I dont know if it can help but for me i use BuddyPress Global Search widgets for combining the result of WordPress & Buddypress . Maybe it could help u ?

Radu

Hi,

There is no bug to ca fix when you press enter the default wp search comes where it search only on posts, that how the theme was build initially! Tried to make something but implementing all of those in default wp search requires significant hours of implementing and testing, there is no quick solution as how i said we have taken that
    into consideration.

Tried but, i cannot make the bp global search to works in our ajax search, there it’s required significant time for implementing and testing that. We will take this into consideration also!

Cheers
    R.

getmebrian
    Participant

For those encountering the same problem, we have (mostly) resolved our issue by installing the plugin called Relevanssi (https://www.relevanssi.com/), which allows you to replace the default WP search with a powerful search tool and a lot of customization options.

Most importantly, it allows you to continue using the KLEO Ajax search while replacing the awful WP search on the results page with the Relevannsi Search. Highly recommend this.

Brian

Radu

Hi @getmebrian

Thanks you for this suggestion.

Cheers
    R

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?